Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Evil

Originally posted by EndlessCravings View Post
    Never heard of Ed Gein. Made me think of Dahmer when I read it.
    Ed Gein is like Dahmer's serial killer grand pappy I suppose.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Ed Gein only killed one person, maybe two,he mainly dug up bodies from the Cemetery,but Texas chainsaw is based on him as is a few others.

About Ed Gein.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this site.

Big list of serial killers,and Ed gain is small potato's on this list.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Ed Gein only killed one person, maybe two,he mainly dug up bodies from the Cemetery,but Texas chainsaw is based on him as is a few others.

About Ed Gein.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this site.

Big list of serial killers,and Ed gain is small potato's on this list.
        Why did he dig up bodies? Necrophiliac?
        "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

He also made a skin suit,they think he was trying to become his mother. Dead bodies for skin and parts. Also it is said he was a Necrophiliac. His Mother was a fanatic religious,read on that sitetype.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            He also made a skin suit,they think he was trying to become his mother. Dead bodies for skin and parts. Also it is said he was a Necrophiliac. His Mother was a fanatic religious,read on that sitetype.
            So I know necrophiliacs and the digging up bodies [deleted by staff]. So did he dig up fresh ones? Or did he kill for the skin?
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

So I know necrophiliacs and the digging up bodies [deleted by staff]. So did he dig up fresh ones? Or did he kill for the skin?
              At least one body was fresh and if I recall correctly was the mother or mother-in-law of the officer doing the investigation. Those are the ones they could identify supposedly there were parts of a couple of unidentified ones there as well.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Look EndlessCravings I know that you don't believe in evil. But to me I evil is everywhere and it doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                  Look EndlessCravings I know that you don't believe in evil. But to me I evil is everywhere and it doesn't exist.
                  Wait, what?
                  Evil IS everywhere?
                  Yet you say it doesn't exist?
                  Maybe you made a boo boo? You think evil exists, right?
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
                    Uhh...what?

Comment

Uhh...what?
                      Never mind. Just forget what I said. Sometimes I don't even know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Noticed that at times..but don't we all sometimes.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Evil is a moral distinction and like all moral distinctions, a social construct. Evil does not exist because it is too relativistic. Humans determine evil based on their experiences and how an evil compares to what they understand as acceptable for their society, culture, or personal beliefs. This means evil is how we categorize dangerous, deviant, or otherwise unacceptable behavior, based on moral criteria, through our own experiences and culture. Morals and moral systems are inherently subjective so their use for categorizing behavior is iffy at best. The system which we use to determine what is good or evil is flawed because moral distinctions are flawed. Since the organization system is flawed, there's no meaning to how we categorize something as evil.
                          Circe

Comment

Evil may be subjective, it may not. Most people I run into will still recoil at specific actions and condemn the individuals responsible. If the crime is great enough, most people drop the line of "morality is subjective" and go straight to fixing the problem. I'm gonna save time, there are actions that I consider sufficiently reprehensible that I really don't care if the person perpetrating them thinks that they are acting in the right. There are ideologies that I think need to be changed or annihilated. From my specific, limited perspective, certain behaviours (sometimes in combination with certain motivations and sometimes regardless) are evil and must be opposed. Now morality can be completely subjective, the parties perpetrating specific acts (many of whom may think that they are right and I'm evil) may simply be wrong, I may be wrong, <insert concept MO is too lazy to think of> but at a certain point, I'm still gonna draw a line and honestly so will many of the people in this thread.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

As you should. There are things which are unacceptable and conflict with what we believe is right in the world. The system is flawed but, it's probably the only one we get. It's not so much that we should stop using the moral system we know, but that we should be aware that the system is subjective. Society does not function without the ability to condemn actions and groups, but society functions better when we are self aware. There comes a point where groups of people do need to draw the line because how and why are not as important as the effects of how and why. We use this flawed system because we lack an alternative and because we are hard wired to categorize and condemn.

It's easier and, long term, more effective to continue as we have. None of this changes that our moral systems are based on extremely limited information and personal subjectivity. The distinction doesn't need to carry over into action. Without some ethical system and the ability to call something "evil" society cannot function as we currently do. As a collective, people consider themselves "good" and that which harms them to be "evil". That which harms us is dangerous and the elimination, isolation, or expulsion of dangerous elements keeps us "good". Our morals, correct or not, are partially created by evolution. Categorization of Good and Evil is a simplistic tool which has been advantageous in our survival.
                              Circe

Comment

The opposite of "good" is "bad," the opposite of "evil" would be something like "blessed."

MO is right - it is better to judge actions by effect (the true meaning of Neitzche's "history will judge") rather than by a solid system of morality that names certain things as "evil," without taking context into account.

Context matters.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X