ISO: Wireless Pen-Style Mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO: Wireless Pen-Style Mouse

I'm seeking a wireless, pen-style mouse that does not require a tablet to use... In other words, a mouse that looks like a pen but that can transmit the signal to the PC via infra-red or bluetooth w/out needing a digital pad as a middle-man.

Anyone seen one or have any suggestions?

(For compatibility's sake, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit w/an occasional dual-boot foray into the latest Linux builds).
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Re: ISO: Wireless Pen-Style Mouse

I don't know if you're still looking, but I have used the Ultra U12-40871 during meetings/conferences. Windows 7 is officially supported, and I've been told by my IT department that they got it to work in Ubuntu, I just have not personally used it in any Linux distro.

I would link it but I guess my post count is high enough to post external links. Anywho, you should be able to find it on Newegg, Tigerdirect, or a similar site.

Comment

That's exactly what I'm after!

Thank you so much

Comment

I'm officially stupid. I have NO idea what you two just talked about.
        Sleep, my friend, and you will see
        That dream is my reality

Comment

[quote author=calfhill link=topic=1341.msg28368#msg28368 date=1294898252]
          I'm officially stupid. I have NO idea what you two just talked about.
          [/quote]

I want a mouse for my computer that looks & acts more like a writing pen than a traditional mouse & Kilrane has been using a product that is pretty much what I'm after.

There are stylus-style or pen-style mice out there, but many require a special pad or tablet to communicate the mouse movements to the computer. I have a wee small tiny desk so having to use a tablet isn't practical. Other pen/stylus mice have a USB cord connecting them to the computer, which I think would interfere with natural hand movements and... my tower is on my left while I am predominantly right-handed, so I'd have the USB cord stretched across my workspace. Then there are 'digital pens' that capture (and sometimes store) handwriting, but I want a mouse w/a stylus tip, not an ink cartridge that would need refilling.

So, the Ultra U12 Mouse Pen fits all my requirements. Unfortunately, I can't get it for $29.99 :P

Comment

...that would make taking notes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more fun...

...of course, I'm planning to get a tablet laptop, so its proly not necessary...
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

[quote author=perzephone link=topic=1341.msg28367#msg28367 date=1294898037]
              That's exactly what I'm after!

Thank you so much
              [/quote]

Glad I could help ^_^

Though I know its expensive. I can ask the IT guys later today and see if they know of a cheaper one out there.

Comment

[quote author=kilrane link=topic=1341.msg28448#msg28448 date=1294942778]
                Glad I could help ^_^

Though I know its expensive. I can ask the IT guys later today and see if they know of a cheaper one out there.
                [/quote]

My standard trackball mouse is almost as expensive - the one I prefer runs about $59.99, so the pen-mouse isn't too much more by comparison. The reviews on the U12 seem pretty positive about its lifetime, and I'm not hard on my electronics (I don't regularly throw my mouse at my monitor, fer instance), so if it lasts as long as the trackballs, it's a feasible investment.

Comment

Working...
                X