Tattoos and the gods..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tattoos and the gods..

i have two tattoos both are god names, i suppose my thought was that out of all the things in life faith is a constant (also if future me decides to become born again [born for the first time??] i like knowing it will be that much harder for him/me )
    But mummy the other religions dont have to 'an it harm none'

Comment

I have a tattoo devoted to Dionysos, and I plan to get tattoos to represent Ganesha and possibly one or two other deities. I'm also working on designing (with a talented friend) a full-back tattoo in devotion to Dionysos.

I don't think there's anything at all wrong with it - as with significant others, though, there may come a time when your relationship with the deity may change and the tattoo might not have the same meaning. For instance, my husband and I are considering getting a tattoo that reads "Merci d'avoire enchante ma vie", which is French for "Thank you for having enchanted my life." We see ourselves being married forever, in which case I think this tattoo would be romantic, but if something happens and we part ways, it would also serve as a reminder not to be bitter about this hypothetical split-up and to remember the love we had and the blessings we gave to each other.

It also helps to have alternative meanings. My Dionysian tattoo is a grapevine design around my ankle. I chose my ankle because it also represents my grandmother (and my memories of walking with her through her grapevine arch) - from whom I inherited my *sigh* big ankles. It also reminds me to value the body I was given by my ancestors and to recognize my own beauty.

So, basically, I'm saying have a back-up plan for your tattoos

Comment

Psst, this topic is in archives. :P
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X