What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

We have done that a couple of times when we have forgotten about trash day. Pickup on our side of the street is quite early, on the opposite side it happens in the late afternoon. It isn't a regular thing though. Just once every couple of years.Also, our trash bins are "rented" from the city, so we are charged the same whether we use all or none of them, or no matter where they are at pick up.

I wouldn't leave them there for long after pick up, and I wouldn't block anyone's usual parking or trash spot. We have a really good neighbor who has lately sometimes parked so that we can't exit or enter our driveway and leave the trash bins out at the same time. We figure they are very good neighbors, so in this case we just suck it up and work around it. For a while I was in a bit of a dither worrying about a confrontation, and then we just managed to work around it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    Well this is the second time in my life that I have been fired. Today I was fired from my job at Sheetz. My manager called me a little while ago and told me that I was terminated because of excessive abseentism. However, I don't understand why. Half of the time I had a doctors excuse. I did complain once to corporate about not moving enough. It's just really shocking and upsetting that I was let go today because I worked an 11 hour shift for them last night and now feel like crap. I really want to cry but can't. I have to get back into the game. Start looking on websites and such. It just is upsetting. I made such great friends and now its done. I'm a little depressed.
    Aww, sorry Anubisa. That always feels upsetting. I hope you find something great.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
    Well it's not my own place. My dad sorta forced me out so it's kinda sudden and I really cant support myself alone, especially being a student. A friend of mine convinced her housemates to let me stay with them more or less indefinitely for basically pennies. Like I still need to get a job for some income but I dont need to pay rent, just food, power, and help out with maintaining the place. Plus I can keep my cat.
    It sounds like you landed well for an emergency situation. Congratulations! I hope you and your cat are very happy there. Because it is so affordable, the mom in me wants to suggest that you try to save a little money if you can, because housemate situations tend to be pretty changeable. It's easier to deal with that if you have a little money and mental preparation. But that said, yay you for finding a good place! I hope you love it!

Comment

I got a job interview for tomorrow at Wendy's. Ha! One week from being fired and I am getting an interview. I'm not trying to get on my high horse here. I'm hoping and praying that I get through this one interview to get a job at Wendy's. It's amazing because I just applied like 30 minutes ago with Wendy's, maybe less, and the employer sent me a text. It was sort of that way with Sheetz. I applied and like in one or two days I was invited to an interview. I'm praying to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast to help me through this one and this time if I get this job my ass is going to not miss one single day for at least three months. I don't care if I am sick. Just wish me luck everyone.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Good news! I got the job at Wendy's! Tomorrow I go to do the paperwork. The Lord and Lady were looking down on me. One week within being fired I got a new job!
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Good news! I got the job at Wendy's! Tomorrow I go to do the paperwork. The Lord and Lady were looking down on me. One week within being fired I got a new job!
          Congratulations.

Comment

Congrats! That's great
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Hi Iris,good to see you typing.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Congrats, hope this one works out
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  Hi Iris,good to see you typing.
                  Hi anu! I look in almost everyday, just haven't gotten around to writing lately.
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Thanks for the congrats everyone. Now I'm just waiting for tomorrow to come so I can start signing papers.
                    Anubisa

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how I can still afford my Germany trip at the end of next month. I just had to drop $500 on naturopath stuff, and another $300 on a new pair of winter boots. I am able to travel really, really cheaply, but the actual cost of moving around in Germany is much more than I was expecting, even on train or bus.

I'm feeling really bummed, because I feel like I can't afford it, but I really wanted to gift myself country # 20 as a birthday present.

Maybe I can go and just spend a week in Munich. I'll come up with something.

(Other people have other dreams - mine is to see as many countries before I die as possible. #20 on my 32nd birthday is actually super behind schedule. I'm aiming for #40 by 40.)

Mostly art.

Comment

Hoping you can do your dream,and myself also being a Canuck,father was born in Calgary,and told us kids we were Canuck.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I realized yesterday that funeral director/embalmer is on the list for expedited immigration in Canada... This career field just got that much more exciting.
                          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

We went out to eat to celebrate my getting a new job. I paid with my money from the card from my old job. We sat like in a half booth, half-table and my mom doesn't like booths so we sit on the table side. So there is this big man where I am sitting and I am literally scooted up all the way against the table and he makes no move to scoot up or anything. Next time we're going to ask for another table. Besides that it was a pretty good time. My nephew was crazy though.
                            Anubisa

Comment

Just finished the 2004 Battlestar Galactica series last night and I feel a bit of a void. Also had strange dreams about it. I hear there's a few movies that we can still watch, so that will happen soon but I haven't decided if I'm going to watch tie 70's version... we'll see.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                                Just finished the 2004 Battlestar Galactica series last night and I feel a bit of a void. Also had strange dreams about it. I hear there's a few movies that we can still watch, so that will happen soon but I haven't decided if I'm going to watch tie 70's version... we'll see.
                                Whenever I binge watch a series I systematically dream about it (though sometimes the dreams are vague and often weird).

The recording phase of my album is FINALLY over. Now onto the mixing stage...

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                                X