Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
    Whenever I binge watch a series I systematically dream about it (though sometimes the dreams are vague and often weird).

The recording phase of my album is FINALLY over. Now onto the mixing stage...
    Good for you Sean Rave!

I went today to sign papers at Wendy's. Got my uniform. My first day of work is on Friday 3-11. I met some of the employees today, but I'm really nervous about Friday. Fun fact about Wendy's: They fingerprint you so you can clock in and out. I did that today. No typing in a number or password. That's really cool. I did get paid for my time today, so I am appreciative of that. Looking forward to Samhain tomorrow. Planning to make Pumpkin bread.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

My daughter decided to be the blue power ranger for Halloween, and I'm loving it.

I have three chapters (3!) due for anatomy this week. It's crazy, and a whole lot of studying necessary to keep up with that much at once, but what can you do? I'm doing very well in my program. I keep seeing posts from folks struggling with the tests/studying/etc. And I'm just keeping up with everything, being very responsible and studying as I go, and I've got all A's and B's. Last time I was in school, I sucked at it. I honestly wasn't sure if I would be able to manage this program because the only online class I've taken before now I failed, but it's going so well and I'm kind of shocking myself actually. And I'm really building some self confidence with this.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Our girlfriend is expecting! I am soooo excited. We've been trying for a few months and weren't sure if she would be able to get pregnant (she has cycles that are super far apart, sometimes as much as 3 months, which is a sign of infertility). I can't wait.

And it's so different being on the other side of this equation. I want to do everything I can to support her. She took the test on Halloween, because it seems like a great time to find out. I took my test on Mother's Day when I was pregnant with Nova.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
          Our girlfriend is expecting! I am soooo excited. We've been trying for a few months and weren't sure if she would be able to get pregnant (she has cycles that are super far apart, sometimes as much as 3 months, which is a sign of infertility). I can't wait.

And it's so different being on the other side of this equation. I want to do everything I can to support her. She took the test on Halloween, because it seems like a great time to find out. I took my test on Mother's Day when I was pregnant with Nova.
          Congrats!

/10congrats

Mostly art.

Comment

Not only congrats on the baby,but also keeping your Poly working,I know from a regular marriage keeping things together takes a LOT of work. Good for you guys,stay strong in your family.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Well...six months after I entered, I just found out today that I did NOT longlist for the CBC poetry prize. I guess it was an awfully lofty goal to reach for, but damn if I'm not still disappointed.

I really felt like I had a chance.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                Well...six months after I entered, I just found out today that I did NOT longlist for the CBC poetry prize. I guess it was an awfully lofty goal to reach for, but damn if I'm not still disappointed.

I really felt like I had a chance.
                I'm so sorry. That really sucks. Being a writer I know that I would be disappointed if that had happened to me too. All I can say is keep your spirits up hon.

Today I went and got my hair cut and am starting NaNoWriMo. Tomorrow I start my job and am nervous as heck. I can only hope that I will do well, make new friends, and impress everyone.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Thinking about trying the Keto diet. A friend of mine has been very successful with it.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I worked my second day of my new job. I can wear my fitbit at work and have found that I am walking a lot at work. Over 9000 steps at work. I also get free food to take home. So tonight I took home two baked potatoes. Its been great working so far. However, today I mostly cleaned and did some fryer. I did a little register. I like most of my fellow co-workers so far. A little crazy, but very fun to be with. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, and to my last day for this week. My first paycheck is this week.
                    Anubisa

Comment

Today I'm going to tell my manager I'm going to look for another job. I was hired 3 months ago as a junior Java developer. They also hired a senior developer to educate me. But then they gave the senior so many responsibilities, he doesn't have time to help me. So my manager decided that, as long as this is the case, I will be testing instead of developing. So I have been testing for the last 3 months and have not written a single line of code... I'm nervous for the conversation today, but it's for the best.

Comment

There's a gas leak across the road. Woke up to police and fire brigade outside... we're allowed outside. But the way out is blocked. So I guess I'm staying here...
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Those can be scary,there was an indecent in the SF bay area,California where a leak caused a MAJOR explosion

See story here,was a while back.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                            Those can be scary,there was an indecent in the SF bay area,California where a leak caused a MAJOR explosion

See story here,was a while back.
                            Yea. It's not that bad thankfully. Got out and got a ride to a friend's place a bit further away so I'm staying here a couple of hours til they've cleared it up.
                            You remind me of the babe
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Three months isn't an awfully long time to have been waiting. Generally, I would recommend giving any job a year, it looks better on future applications. Also, I would wait to tell your boss until you've secured a new job.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                                Three months isn't an awfully long time to have been waiting. Generally, I would recommend giving any job a year, it looks better on future applications. Also, I would wait to tell your boss until you've secured a new job.
                                I think what they mean is that for the past three months they have been doing something else than what they were hired for.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Working...
                                X