Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

What a trip this is turning out to be.

I'm in Germany and I've now got the flu, I woke up covered in bug bites this morning (it's either spider or mosquito judging by the size, but my shoulders are covered in them), and my travel adapter died last night.

And I can't eat any of the traditional foods, and now it's raining.

I'm going on a walking tour this morning, but I have a fever and I'm itchy.

Mostly art.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Vol,get better you know we are thinking about you. good journey.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

I'm in Germany and I've now got the flu, I woke up covered in bug bites this morning (it's either spider or mosquito judging by the size, but my shoulders are covered in them), and my travel adapter died last night.

Maybe rest up for a day in hopes you'll feel better for the rest of your trip?
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
          Well I'm sorry if I sound a bit too harsh but this is her fourth job so far. I'm being real honest here.
          I'm being real honest here. Sorry if I sound a bit too harsh, but if you start a statement with "I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything," you pretty much know you are being a jerk and are playing the "sorry, not sorry" game.

Last edited by thalassa; 26 Nov 2018, 08:09.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Ugh, I hate being sick on vacay...

I hope you get better and can enjoy the trip!
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Aw thanks guys!

- bugs bites: still itchy. Probably just an errant mosquito or something. I'm just cranky about it cuz I don't feel November should be mozzie season, well, pretty much anywhere.

- flu: hanging on. Still went out for a bunch today, just trying to take long rests in between activities and drink lots of warm fluids.

- found a new travel adapter! The electronics can live on!

Mostly art.

Comment

Is there any possibility those "Bug Bites" are bed bugs? Don't recall seeing where you said you are staying but i've heard more than a few horror stories of bed bugs and waking to bites all over from them after a single night. Never encountered them myself but had others on various "adventures" with me that did during my time in the military.

Either way hope you get over your flu symptoms quickly nothing sucks worse on any sort of vacation / adventure than being sick.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Oh no hon! I hope you feel better. I remember my mom and I took a vacation with her friend and her son to New Orleans back in 2001 by train. On the way back on the train I got a real terrible ear infection. I tend to get really severe ear infections because of the many ear surgeries I have had. I couldn't eat or drink because swallowing or chewing made my ear hurt. I had to travel all the way back to WV like that. I hope you get better and I will be praying for you.

Well, good news everyone. I went to Papa John's and they want me to sign paperwork on Wednesday. However, I got two more interviews. One is tomorrow with the same insurance company I went to the other week. The second is on Wednesday. I'm going to consider my options. Even though Papa John's would be a lesser salary, it would be a quicker way to move up. The girl I talked to said she went from driver to assistant manager in a year. I don't mind working food. I just have to consider options now. Pray for me.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                    Oh no hon! I hope you feel better. I remember my mom and I took a vacation with her friend and her son to New Orleans back in 2001 by train. On the way back on the train I got a real terrible ear infection. I tend to get really severe ear infections because of the many ear surgeries I have had. I couldn't eat or drink because swallowing or chewing made my ear hurt. I had to travel all the way back to WV like that. I hope you get better and I will be praying for you.

Well, good news everyone. I went to Papa John's and they want me to sign paperwork on Wednesday. However, I got two more interviews. One is tomorrow with the same insurance company I went to the other week. The second is on Wednesday. I'm going to consider my options. Even though Papa John's would be a lesser salary, it would be a quicker way to move up. The girl I talked to said she went from driver to assistant manager in a year. I don't mind working food. I just have to consider options now. Pray for me.
                    Just remember that the companies where people move up really fast, it's usually because of high turnover and that isn't necessarily a good thing. In fact, it can be a very bad sign of how the company is run.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                      Just remember that the companies where people move up really fast, it's usually because of high turnover and that isn't necessarily a good thing. In fact, it can be a very bad sign of how the company is run.
                      Thanks for letting me know Shahaku. I definitely will keep that in mind.
                      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                        Reminds me of the guy I knew in the navy who wanted to transfer onto PBR's(river patrol boats) because you could be promoted very quickly,and that was because of the high turnover,because of fatal events. I hope he found his way without being another of those high turn overs.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

When you're a loner and you tell someone that you've "over-peopled" recently and need hermit time, and they call you the next day because they think you meant 5 minutes.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I so get this Hawk,being a loner type,i can only do so much time with people. At times I just walk away without saying anything. when asked,I just say I hit my limit for people time.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              I so get this Hawk,being a loner type,i can only do so much time with people. At times I just walk away without saying anything. when asked,I just say I hit my limit for people time.
                              Yeah, it gets rough this time of year. I enjoy my friends and all the festive stuff, but boy is it ever exhausting. I can literally feel my inner battery running down.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I went today for my second interview. I sat through a presentation and learned that I would have to work 50-60 hours a week. I would be able to move up, but it would not really fit me. The people seem nice, but I can't do it because I have to take part-time jobs right now. They called later today and I had to decline. I did get a call from Lane Bryant today and they want to see me on Friday at 3:00. So I hope that I really score on that. I love shopping at Lane Bryant and they seem so nice. I go in tomorrow for another interview. So we'll see how that goes. Lot's to think about.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X