X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

cheer up bart,thats an order.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
      Has any of these neo-nazis seen the concentration camps that remain? Have they read any of the many of history books that have several pictures (you can't dispute pictures) of the people who were starving to death at the camps? This offends my sensibilities and I wasn't even born then! How dare you say that War World II wasn't real and especially the Holocaust. Bunch of bastards. Watch the show Hunting Hitler. You can see all the facts you want about the Nazis.
      I don't think that he denies WWII or even the Holocaust exactly, more that the Nazi's were the one's behind it. It's still idiotic, and pulled out my inner rage dragon.

Thal, if you guys do move, I hope you really enjoy the experience. Will you be putting the kiddos in a foreign school then? I've always kind of wondered how that works.
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
        Thal, if you guys do move, I hope you really enjoy the experience. Will you be putting the kiddos in a foreign school then? I've always kind of wondered how that works.
        Probably not, but I'm not sure. Especially with Collin's ADHD and IEP, I'd rather keep him in a familiar structure, and sending the kids to two separate schools is already a PITA here (Phee is in middle school now), and the bus stop for her is just across the street! More than likely, we will send them to the DoD school on base--as is, DoD schools are better than most US public schools, and from what I understand, DoD schools overseas teach the host country's language. The other problem is that the German school system (though Danie could probably attest to this better and correct any misunderstandings on my part) is structured differently once students hit the 5th grade, when kids get separated into one school or another based on ability. Eventually, my kids will be going back into the US system, so...I think it makes more sense to keep them in that system.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I'm wanting to buy a face painting kit with some of my holiday money, but part of the reason I want it is for the more ritualistic painting that we do at events and for rituals, so I really do want more black/red/etc than the kiddie colors. And I'm having trouble finding a kit that I think would work well. Up until now I've just been using acrylic paint, which works fine, and I'm wondering why I should buy special face paint when it doesn't really bother me to use acrylic paint and it's soooo much cheaper.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

I'm wanting to buy a face painting kit with some of my holiday money, but part of the reason I want it is for the more ritualistic painting that we do at events and for rituals, so I really do want more black/red/etc than the kiddie colors. And I'm having trouble finding a kit that I think would work well. Up until now I've just been using acrylic paint, which works fine, and I'm wondering why I should buy special face paint when it doesn't really bother me to use acrylic paint and it's soooo much cheaper.
            I wonder if you can make it from scratch? I've never thought of this before, but I've dyed eggs and paper naturally, why not my face?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              I wonder if you can make it from scratch? I've never thought of this before, but I've dyed eggs and paper naturally, why not my face?
              If I wanted to dye my face long termish, I could probably do that easily enough. But I need things to be able to wash off for work. And I have made homemade kids facepaint before, but it was greasy and not as opaque as the stuff you buy. You make it with food coloring, so it's iffy.

Comment

Alright everyone, I have officially finished the tattoo! It is so beautiful and I am so happy with it. It took under an hour to finish it. My tattoo artist wants to see me in a few months just to check the coloring since my skin was a little dry. Other than that everything is good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	anubistattoo4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	376.6 KB
ID:	355517Click image for larger version

Name:	anubistattoo5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	374.4 KB
ID:	355518

Okay my computer must hate me or something. Go to facebook https://www.facebook.com/hutchinsonser and scroll down to the second post. It will show you it up right.
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Alright everyone, I have officially finished the tattoo! It is so beautiful and I am so happy with it. It took under an hour to finish it. My tattoo artist wants to see me in a few months just to check the coloring since my skin was a little dry. Other than that everything is good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5325[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5326[/ATTACH]

Okay my computer must hate me or something. Go to facebook https://www.facebook.com/hutchinsonser and scroll down to the second post. It will show you it up right.
                  Wow it's gorgeous!
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                    Wow it's gorgeous!
                    Thanks Iris. I think Lord Anubis is happy too.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Got called out on a night call and got to insist on an embalming. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to open my own green burial place down the road. There is a new embalming fluid that is essential oil based and accepted by the green burial association folks, and I would really like to give it a go. But I don't think that my current funeral home would even consider it.

I've also been told a few times now at the funeral home I work at that Iowa law doesn't allow viewing of the deceased w/out embalming except for immediate family, but for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere in Iowa code. I honestly don't think they know the law and are just assuming. I'm going to ask my preceptor, and next semester I take the actual funeral law class (vs the general law prep course I just got done with), so maybe we'll be able to talk about it then.

I have to save a shit ton of money by summer for school and I honestly don't know how I'm going to find it. But somehow it will happen. Crossing my fingers. If it comes down to it, I'll pull from my retirement. I need $1500 for summer classes, $500 for next fall, $500 to take my boards (end of October, mid-November of next year), and $200 for licensing, assuming I pass my boards. And I won't get any more financial aid after spring because they dispersed the full amount between fall and spring, and next fall I only have 5 semester hours. So, yeah... that sucks.

Comment

Got called out on a night call and got to insist on an embalming. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to open my own green burial place down the road. There is a new embalming fluid that is essential oil based and accepted by the green burial association folks, and I would really like to give it a go. But I don't think that my current funeral home would even consider it.

I've also been told a few times now at the funeral home I work at that Iowa law doesn't allow viewing of the deceased w/out embalming except for immediate family, but for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere in Iowa code. I honestly don't think they know the law and are just assuming. I'm going to ask my preceptor, and next semester I take the actual funeral law class (vs the general law prep course I just got done with), so maybe we'll be able to talk about it then.

I have to save a shit ton of money by summer for school and I honestly don't know how I'm going to find it. But somehow it will happen. Crossing my fingers. If it comes down to it, I'll pull from my retirement. I need $1500 for summer classes, $500 for next fall, $500 to take my boards (end of October, mid-November of next year), and $200 for licensing, assuming I pass my boards. And I won't get any more financial aid after spring because they dispersed the full amount between fall and spring, and next fall I only have 5 semester hours. So, yeah... that sucks.
                        I hope everything works out for you hon.
                        Anubisa

Comment

I hope everything works out for you hon.
                          It should. I was finally able to access my book list for the semester. Last semester I spent $900 on books, this semester, since many of my books are reusable, I only need to spend around $200. Which means I'll be able to save a significant amount of my student loans from spring. About $1200. I still need to save a significant amount, but it's a bit more manageable knowing that.

In a couple years I want to complete death doula training as well.

Comment

It should. I was finally able to access my book list for the semester. Last semester I spent $900 on books, this semester, since many of my books are reusable, I only need to spend around $200. Which means I'll be able to save a significant amount of my student loans from spring. About $1200. I still need to save a significant amount, but it's a bit more manageable knowing that.

In a couple years I want to complete death doula training as well.
                            Great to hear!
                            Anubisa

Comment

death doula had to look that up,but have done that when my mother in law was dieing ,kind of guide to ease fear and like a priest last rites..
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Had a terrible migraine today. On top of that my nephew came and he was behaving bad toward the end. We had Chinese for my Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary. They've been together for 43 years. I'm very happy they've been together that long. I'm hoping tomorrow I won't get called off of work. I will only have one day of work this week and that is tomorrow. I got my second check and it is $102 for two weeks. So I will get a call from Burger King sometime next week. Just got to be patient.
                                Anubisa

Comment

Working...
                                X