What are you think 2017 to 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Are any of you Americans prolific wine drinkers? I ordered something from Shutterfly, and they included a special one time offer thing on a mail order wine company in the states. I obviously can't use it, as shipping over borders is illegal, so I thought I'd offer it up to any takers.

It's $100 off a minimum order of $160 from nakedwines.com, must be first time customer, must be used within 30 days.

Happy to give the code away though to someone if they want it.

Mostly art.

Comment

Cohousing! I read an article on one of my parenting group FB pages the other day and it stuck with me. The article was about two women who had separated for whatever reason from their significant others and realized they couldn't afford to live in NYC on their own. So instead they decided to move in together and co-parent their children. They shared the bills, the space, the chores, and they also provided childcare for each other when needed.

I love this idea. Of course, you could just call it roommates but I think this is more than that. Anyway thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
      Cohousing! I read an article on one of my parenting group FB pages the other day and it stuck with me. The article was about two women who had separated for whatever reason from their significant others and realized they couldn't afford to live in NYC on their own. So instead they decided to move in together and co-parent their children. They shared the bills, the space, the chores, and they also provided childcare for each other when needed.

I love this idea. Of course, you could just call it roommates but I think this is more than that. Anyway thoughts?
      I also forgot about a video I had watched of toddlers going to live at a senior citizen facility for a few weeks and the amazing impact it had on the senior citizens. It doesnt just have to be just younger families or older people. A diverse group of two or three families.

I know these concepts aren't new but they seem to be calling to me more and more.

Alright I'm done. I'm going to bed.
      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I am so frigging pissed off and upset. Papa John's fired me today. It wasn't anything I did, it was most likely because they had too many in store people that they had hired. What's more is that they sent a text message, they didn't have the balls to call me. It's a good thing I applied for Burger King and will be able to get in with them soon.
        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Sorry about Papa John's, anubisa. Hope something better turns up fast. Vol, I don't drink wine anymore but have friends who do - if you find no takers hit me back!

I did the holiday decorating early this year and got the urge to have my "real" house back by now, so I put most of the stuff away today. A few odds and ends will remain until New Year's Day and the Nativity stays up until the 6th when La Befana comes. But the bulk of it is gone until next year.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
            I am so frigging pissed off and upset. Papa John's fired me today. It wasn't anything I did, it was most likely because they had too many in store people that they had hired. What's more is that they sent a text message, they didn't have the balls to call me. It's a good thing I applied for Burger King and will be able to get in with them soon.
            They should never have fired you. That's so unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
              They should never have fired you. That's so unfair.
              I know, but I should be hearing from Burger King this week. So much drama.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I'm thinking I really enjoyed the holiday season this year. I saw all my favorite annual movies/shows (The Sound Of Music, Miracle on 34th St., It's A Wonderful Life, Rudolph, Grinch, Natn'l Lampoon's Christmas), had my own Yule celebration, had 2 dinners and a lunch out with different friends, saw the Nutcracker ballet, and ate Indian Tacos at my adopted family's house with all the dogs and kids on Christmas day. I think I only gained maybe 2 pounds, which is nothing. Well, there's still tomorrow LOL
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  Are any of you Americans prolific wine drinkers? I ordered something from Shutterfly, and they included a special one time offer thing on a mail order wine company in the states. I obviously can't use it, as shipping over borders is illegal, so I thought I'd offer it up to any takers.

It's $100 off a minimum order of $160 from nakedwines.com, must be first time customer, must be used within 30 days.

Happy to give the code away though to someone if they want it.
                  I'm really interested in this, if you haven't given it away yet.

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I also forgot about a video I had watched of toddlers going to live at a senior citizen facility for a few weeks and the amazing impact it had on the senior citizens. It doesnt just have to be just younger families or older people. A diverse group of two or three families.

I know these concepts aren't new but they seem to be calling to me more and more.

Alright I'm done. I'm going to bed.
                  We are seriously talking about starting an intentional community. It would be somewhere in rural, eastern Iowa, which isn't insanely far away from where you guys are at now. But we would really want to get to know each other first, and it's going to be at least 3 years before we can do anything with it anyway. We are working to pay down some debt, and I need to get through school first. We are talking about a portion of the land we buy being set aside for a green burial cemetery plot (I would be running a funeral home from the land, to bring in some money).

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  death doula had to look that up,but have done that when my mother in law was dieing ,kind of guide to ease fear and like a priest last rites..
                  Something like that. They also are trained in informing the deceased of all of their options (funeral homes make you think that some things are required by law when they aren't), making sure they know the laws regarding the deceased, assisting with home services/veiwings held and run by the family, etc.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Happy New year folks. It's been 2019 for over an hour here and the world is still turning ^^
                    You remind me of the babe
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Well,another year under the bridge,that old man river just keeps rolling along.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I was just listening to Barry Manilow's "It's Just Another New Year's Eve" and realized this is the 42nd NYE I've listened to it. I was a junior in college when it came out.
                        sigpic

Comment

We be getting older missy,face it,time always wins.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

All time does is proceed, one second at a time. 4 months and a few days until the Kentucky Derby!
                            sigpic

Comment

Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully this new year will be much better for me. Got lots to do this year and lots to that I want to do. Anyone making a New Year's Resolutions list? I usually do every year. So I am going to figure one out sometime tomorrow. Anyway, have a good one!
                              Anubisa

Comment

I don't really do resolutions, but this will be a big year for me. Finishing school, taking my boards, starting my internship. On a spiritual note, I'm planning on doing a dedication ritual of some sort. So, busy, but I don't really consider them resolutions.
                                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Working...
                                X