Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    Happy New Year everyone! Hopefully this new year will be much better for me. Got lots to do this year and lots to that I want to do. Anyone making a New Year's Resolutions list? I usually do every year. So I am going to figure one out sometime tomorrow. Anyway, have a good one!

Do more of what makes me happy. Nebulous, but accurate and what I need.

Mostly art.

Comment

I made an appointment to see my bariatric surgeon in March. Going to lose 30 lbs by then and am super serious to do so. They're finally using the lap band technique and I think they wouldn't have to take me off my cortef which is something I have to take everyday. For the procedures where you have a piece of your stomach removed they want me to be without my cortef for like two weeks before and two after and that wouldn't work. So I think the lap band would work. Anyway, I've got to lose 30 lbs to show I am serious and I know I can do it.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Find your bliss.

- - - Updated - - -

here find that bliss.

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
          I made an appointment to see my bariatric surgeon in March. Going to lose 30 lbs by then and am super serious to do so. They're finally using the lap band technique and I think they wouldn't have to take me off my cortef which is something I have to take everyday. For the procedures where you have a piece of your stomach removed they want me to be without my cortef for like two weeks before and two after and that wouldn't work. So I think the lap band would work. Anyway, I've got to lose 30 lbs to show I am serious and I know I can do it.
          I hope this all goes well for you. I'm looking to start exercising again in an effort to lose weight. I've been thinking about joining a martial arts class again, but then I feel guilty because it costs so much money and I really need to save. But, it's also for my health. So, idk.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
            I hope this all goes well for you. I'm looking to start exercising again in an effort to lose weight. I've been thinking about joining a martial arts class again, but then I feel guilty because it costs so much money and I really need to save. But, it's also for my health. So, idk.
            Have you tried YouTube classes? I don't know if there are any for martial arts (probably), but I've been doing yoga and pilates classes for months now. There are some really good teachers on there and it's free

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post
              Have you tried YouTube classes? I don't know if there are any for martial arts (probably), but I've been doing yoga and pilates classes for months now. There are some really good teachers on there and it's free
              There definitely are, but I don't have the space at home. I'd break something trying in our living room. I could practice alone in the back yard, when weather permits, but that's lonely. And my family doesn't like getting hit... even gently. And going to a class is a commitment. It's the only thing that's really lasted for me in the past, fitness wise.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I had a roommate once who thought that all of her friends and family were out to get her and didn't want her to be happy because none of them liked her lying, stealing, drunk boyfriend. She ignored all of the warning signs (and there were plenty) and married him and is even more unhappy because he beats the crap out of her on at least a weekly basis and takes all the money she makes and drinks it. But yes, the world is the problem.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  I had a roommate once who thought that all of her friends and family were out to get her and didn't want her to be happy because none of them liked her lying, stealing, drunk boyfriend. She ignored all of the warning signs (and there were plenty) and married him and is even more unhappy because he beats the crap out of her on at least a weekly basis and takes all the money she makes and drinks it. But yes, the world is the problem.
                  I have a relative who hears God... or maybe Satan (she can't decide which) telling her to do stuff. She sends money to a TV preacher (who shall remain nameless, lest I barf while typing). She won't let anybody spend the night at her house because it is filled with demons.

She takes her meds and gets better, but she doesn't think Jesus wants her on the meds so she stops taking them, and God/Satan shows up in her head again.

Go figure...
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Which channels do you use for yoga on youtube? I'm always on the hunt for some great teachers.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                      Which channels do you use for yoga on youtube? I'm always on the hunt for some great teachers.
                      Mostly Boho Beautiful. She's amazing! They have videos for pilates, yoga and guided meditations and they posts new videos regularly. Here's their channel.
                      Other than that I don't really follow other yoga channels, but I just try out some of the recommended videos on my account.

Comment

Mostly Boho Beautiful. She's amazing! They have videos for pilates, yoga and guided meditations and they posts new videos regularly. Here's their channel.
                        Other than that I don't really follow other yoga channels, but I just try out some of the recommended videos on my account.
                        Thank you so much!
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I sorta want to change up my signature but, the only thing coming to mind is to change it to a different language incomprehensible to most of the user base. I dropped learning Japanese and swapped to Irish a few years ago, which is even less useful but, brings me greater joy with less frustration.

Unrelated, there's a party I'm going to later only because many of my friends are. I'm not really a party person overall and I'm not really sure what I'll do with myself there.
                          Circe

Comment

I've been so exhausted lately. I have so much to do but even with the meds I can only manage to be productive 2-4 days in a row before I crash. Oh well.
                            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

sorry faye_cat i tried with the trans but nothing,
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                                sorry faye_cat i tried with the trans but nothing,
                                It's all good. =)

Mainly I'm just working on marketing and templates and such. My husband and youngest son have been sick over the last few weeks so I think I've finally gotten what they had hence why I've had two naps today and still feel so drained.
                                ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Working...
                                X