Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    you are ok sean i was out and about at 18joined the navy right out of hs,at 18,i was 22 when i got out in1969,and hit the street running.into the drink and drugs scene in San Francisco, i grew up in the bay area around San Francisco. so i did have connections from before,mainly dealers and bikers,from my old neighborhood. they became that after i went into the navy,but we were tight and it was like i never left when i got back. make the band and lead singer gig work for you.,i believe in you god boy.

- - - Updated - - -

bart who you calling a baby,how old are you?

- - - Updated - - -

23 is plenty old to handle your own stuff.
    I'm 33 years old. I'm 10 years older than Sean.

Comment

The weather here in the next week is going to be insane. It's supposed to get down to -30--50 F. It's record lows for our region. I have never had to deal with weather this cold and am mostly planning to stay inside. But I'm worried about my SOs, especially the pregnant one, having to go out in this. I'm probably going to send her with my emergency cold weather kit as she goes on transports that are sometimes a couple hours away. They say frostbite can happen in 10-15 minutes on exposed skin in this weather. People are worried about their cars starting, about their furnaces and pipes breaks because of the demands of this weather, and it's looking like it'll be week 2 of no school for our region.

V, how do you guys do it up there?
      We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
      It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
      Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
      -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I have a job interview today. I'm a little nervous, but I think I'll be fine. It's a job as a junior developer at a company which targets many fields, such as healthcare, cities and industries, creating smarter solutions like making processes more efficient and greener. It's exactly the kind of company I want to work for. They know how to guide juniors. Someone I know works there and he's having a great time!

But (there's always a but...) it's the distance. I have to drive for an hour, and that's without traffic jams... So in reality I'll probably travel for 1,5 hours to work and then 1,5 back home again. Unless they offer a smart solution for the traveling distance/time I don't know if I'll say yes to the job. The job is great, but I don't want to spend my days only working and traveling. It's a dilemma I'll have to solve soon.
        Last edited by Eleanor; 28 Jan 2019, 02:54.

Comment

the words in your sig shine a light on my soul.

Wherever you are in life is exactly where you need to be right now.

thank you.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post
            I have a job interview today. I'm a little nervous, but I think I'll be fine. It's a job as a junior developer at a company which targets many fields, such as healthcare, cities and industries, creating smarter solutions like making processes more efficient and greener. It's exactly the kind of company I want to work for. They know how to guide juniors. Someone I know works there and he's having a great time!

But (there's always a but...) it's the distance. I have to drive for an hour, and that's without traffic jams... So in reality I'll probably travel for 1,5 hours to work and then 1,5 back home again. Unless they offer a smart solution for the traveling distance/time I don't know if I'll say yes to the job. The job is great, but I don't want to spend my days only working and traveling. It's a dilemma I'll have to solve soon.
            I did a 45 min commute, one way, for two years, and it was rough, especially once I had my daughter. Good luck, maybe they'll let you work from home a couple days a week, do what's best for you.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Eleanor View Post

When I worked for the county school system I traveled for 1.5 hours each way to work on a good day. That also involved crossing over a mountain or two which got interesting during the winter when it snowed or was icy. Did that for 9 years before the injury to my back finally became to much and I had to quit. There were days that trip turned into a couple of hours drive or crossing flooded roads where the water was coming over the hood of my car. Rivers rose that quick around you at times. Ironic though traffic jams in cities and such bother me more than all of that did.
              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

No schoolin' for da chilluns today.

We're lookin' at 12 - 18 inches of snow, followed by double digit sub-zero temps...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  the words in your sig shine a light on my soul.

Wherever you are in life is exactly where you need to be right now.

thank you.
                  I like that quote. It's always been a comforting thought. Something I need now.

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                  I did a 45 min commute, one way, for two years, and it was rough, especially once I had my daughter. Good luck, maybe they'll let you work from home a couple days a week, do what's best for you.
                  I just drove there and back again. No traffic jams, so it was an hour's drive. I still think it's too far. There is also the possibility I'll be spending some days at clients, which might be even further away. I can beat traffic by coming in and leaving early. If it's terribe weather, like heavy snow I could even work from home.
                  And I'll work at services. Which means every month I'll have to stand-by for a week and handle calls for clients if something goes wrong in their systems. Even during the night... I don't like the thought of having to keep my head half at work when I'm finally home after 8 hours of work at the office. On the other hand, it's a great company, so it might not be as bad knowing I'm at a good place. But... I'll also want to have my leisure time. Damn! This is going to be a tough decision to make. I'll have to let my recruitment agency know by wednesday afternoon. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                  When I worked for the county school system I traveled for 1.5 hours each way to work on a good day. That also involved crossing over a mountain or two which got interesting during the winter when it snowed or was icy. Did that for 9 years before the injury to my back finally became to much and I had to quit. There were days that trip turned into a couple of hours drive or crossing flooded roads where the water was coming over the hood of my car. Rivers rose that quick around you at times. Ironic though traffic jams in cities and such bother me more than all of that did.
                  I get it. Nature is going to nature. So if heavy rains or snow delays my journey I don't mind it as much as traffic jams do either.

Comment

All the years I lived in NJ, and all the wacky bosses/job situations I had, the hardest part of any given average workday was getting there and back! I don't miss that traffic stuff.
                    Here in so. MO, the temps are plummeting and we're supposed to get to zero-ish for a couple days. I can see it in the sky. It's a dullish, metallic grey like a sword that's had the blood not quite all cleaned off it. I miss the bay back home on days like these - that deep, brooding sapphire blue that only comes in winter.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

come back any time jersey girl

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Ooh! I hate scammers. So I posted an ad on Morgantown Craigslist for my xbox and got a response from someone who asks if the xbox is still on sale. I said yes. I guess I should have picked up the red sign when he didn't want to call me and discuss things. So he said he could only send Moneygram. So I'm like okay. I then received a fake Moneygram email saying something about they needing some numbers from the USPS. What really alerted me though is the asshole said he was giving it as a gift to his cousin who was studying zoology in Nigeria. Really asshole? You think I'm going to send you a xbox to Nigeria? I told him that I thought he was a scammer and to never contact me again or I would send his number to the police or FBI. Then I blocked him.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Yeah, better be careful of people like that. Whenever I get scam emails I remember this comedian:

Last edited by Eleanor; 29 Jan 2019, 04:03.

Comment

yes iris,it is not always easy,but you must hold on is the key.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I managed to clean a bit, and cook, and now I'm exhausted and all the good relaxation from my massage has worn off. Oh well, hopefully I can be productive tomorrow as well and not as achy.
                              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                                I managed to clean a bit, and cook, and now I'm exhausted and all the good relaxation from my massage has worn off. Oh well, hopefully I can be productive tomorrow as well and not as achy.
                                Hopefully you feel better tomorrow Faye.

I spent most of the day out. We got snow and I had an appointment at the sleep center, not for a sleep study thank goodness, but for them to review my cpap data. The lady I talked to was nice, but she told me that I need to use the cpap more because it might help with my headaches and my tmj. So I took a nap today and have already tried my cpap twice. I did have a horrible headache, but used a ice pack to help with the headache. I also am going to have to take my car to my dealership next month. I hit a frigging big pot hole and I mean huge, on the way to my appointment on my right side. Thank goodness the tires are okay but I am sure that the car is going to need realigned. Just another day in the life of Anubisa.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X