Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha thinking about now? (v2)

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Yeah - I hated the self promotion thing, too. Unfortunately, being in business for yourself means you're production, advertising, distribution, and accounting.

I'm planting my seeds this week - I won't be able to move them outside until mid-May or early June up here on the 45 parellel.

Also, I won a decent microscope in an on line aution, so I'm also stocking up on petri dishes and agar, and a few other mad scientist toys
    yea, well I'm learning it getting better.

oh nice gotta practice your manic laughter then, that's a must for any mad scientist.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
      yea, well I'm learning it getting better.

oh nice gotta practice your manic laughter then, that's a must for any mad scientist.
      For right now, I'm going with "Bwaaahahaha." I tried "Bwahahahah," but I sound like the counting count.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

For right now, I'm going with "Bwaaahahaha." I tried "Bwahahahah," but I sound like the counting count.
        I literally laughed out loud over this one!!!! I needed a good laugh.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
          No I didn't.
          Hehehe, yes you did. :XD:

Hey everybody I'm working the receptionist all day today and I'm working an extra hour by 9 AM to 4 PM.
          This message was posted by you at precisely 10:43 AM Mountain Standard Time (my time-zone), which would equate to 12:43 PM Eastern Standard Time (New York City's time-zone; the city in which you live, supposedly anyway haha.)

In that message, you stated you were working as a receptionist that day, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Eastern Time, supposedly).

Therefore, you were actually at work when you posted that message, hence......You were goofing off online at work. :XD:

The only possible ways that you weren't goofing off online while at work, are either A) You're lying about living in New York City, which could make sense for a person who values their privacy, or B) You're lying about working as a receptionist, which would just be a silly thing to lie about, hehe, or C) You were on your designated lunchbreak at 12:43 PM Eastern Time. Yesterday.

But don't worry! It's really not that big of a deal haha; I was just making a little joke; no need to get upset. Everyone goofs off a little bit at work every now and then; some days are just really slow and boring; you have to doing something to help pass the time on those days.

You may also want to try, "MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!" letting it trail off for dramatic effect; bonus if there's an echo.

For your consideration.
          Last edited by Sollomyn; 26 Mar 2019, 13:05.

Comment

Remember to add bass to your voice, deep as you can. high pitched just never works as well. Bonus points if there's thunder and the lights flare dramatically (I'm sure you can find apps for both).
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
              Remember to add bass to your voice, deep as you can. high pitched just never works as well. Bonus points if there's thunder and the lights flare dramatically (I'm sure you can find apps for both).
              Iris is absolutely correct high pitched takes away from the mad scientist and lends more to the hysterical scientist.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

[QUOTE]

But don't worry! It's really not that big of a deal haha; I was just making a little joke; no need to get upset. Everyone goofs off a little bit at work every now and then; some days are just really slow and boring; you have to doing something to help pass the time on those days. :/QUOTE]

Depending on where one works and what their internet policy is, one can often do their job and eff,off,on the internet. Receptionist duty is often about being physically present if someone calls or shows up, but otherwise staying conscious and being ready to help someone if and when they need it.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sollomyn View Post
                  Hehehe, yes you did. :XD:

This message was posted by you at precisely 10:43 AM Mountain Standard Time (my time-zone), which would equate to 12:43 PM Eastern Standard Time (New York City's time-zone; the city in which you live, supposedly anyway haha.)

In that message, you stated you were working as a receptionist that day, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (Eastern Time, supposedly).

Therefore, you were actually at work when you posted that message, hence......You were goofing off online at work. :XD:

The only possible ways that you weren't goofing off online while at work, are either A) You're lying about living in New York City, which could make sense for a person who values their privacy, or B) You're lying about working as a receptionist, which would just be a silly thing to lie about, hehe, or C) You were on your designated lunchbreak at 12:43 PM Eastern Time. Yesterday.

But don't worry! It's really not that big of a deal haha; I was just making a little joke; no need to get upset. Everyone goofs off a little bit at work every now and then; some days are just really slow and boring; you have to doing something to help pass the time on those days.

You may also want to try, "MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!" letting it trail off for dramatic effect; bonus if there's an echo.

For your consideration.
                  I was on an hour lunch break from 12 PM to 1 PM when I posted.

Comment

I was on an hour lunch break from 12 PM to 1 PM when I posted.
                    I figured.

Comment

I figured.
                      If you have figured the first time, it was have been your very first guess.

Comment

*Palm face* Do we really need to start arguments over every little issue? I'm sort of getting tired of seeing you feeling offended BMH. We all have our opinions. Just let it go and agree to disagree. Believe me, as I get older, I really don't give a damn what anyone thinks. When we share something on the forum you're going to expect a reply and someone's opinion, so if you don't want backlash or negative opinions, don't post it. That's my thought though.
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                          *Palm face* Do we really need to start arguments over every little issue? I'm sort of getting tired of seeing you feeling offended BMH. We all have our opinions. Just let it go and agree to disagree. Believe me, as I get older, I really don't give a damn what anyone thinks. When we share something on the forum you're going to expect a reply and someone's opinion, so if you don't want backlash or negative opinions, don't post it. That's my thought though.
                          I was just only pointed a minor thing. No need to get all huffy about it.

Comment

I was just only pointed a minor thing. No need to get all huffy about it.
                            I'm not getting huffy about anything, I just get tired of some of us acting like idiots over small issues. I wasn't trying to offend anyone and I apologize if I did. Don't worry I won't say a damned thing anymore about it.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

If you have figured the first time, it was have been your very first guess.
                              It was my very first guess; almost two days ago; here's my quote:

You were goofing off online at work around 1:00 PM today. Eastern time. :XD:
                              Though to be fair, you could very well have been on your lunch break haha.
                              See?

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                              Indeed; it's almost dangerous to make a light-hearted joke in the spirit of good fun these days; people are way too overly-sensitive anymore in my opinion.
                              Last edited by Sollomyn; 26 Mar 2019, 19:12.

Comment

Please stop. It's a dumb argument and the tangent has gone on for too long.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X