Comeing out of the closet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Comeing out of the closet

I can appreciate the beauty of women, but I'd never get with one. It won't work. I tried to become straight. Didn't work.

I went to a friends house, and my brother told my mother that friend was gay. While out, my mom called my cell phone to tell me she's worried he'd rape me because he's gay. I got home later on, and my mom asked me, "you aren't gay are you?" and referenced my going to a gay guy's house. I had the hugest crush on him (after what he did, I no longer have such good feelings for him), so I blushed. At that point, I figured that if I said no, I wouldn't be believed. So I said that yeah I was.

At first, there was shock and disbelieve. My mother figured I was joking, so nothing was said for a few days. A few days, then a week went by, and my mother realized, I never said I was joking like she expected. She said "you're not gay" often. She said stuff about how gay guys really were, and that I couldn't be one of them. Eventually she realized, yeah, Matt/Spartacandream is gay. Then everything went downhill, and my relationship with my mother (already sparred from other things) basically went out the window.

At the moment, things are fine. We live in a small trailer, but we don't speak to eachother, we just avoid eachother. Mainly because she says stuff to me and treats me like crap. She's depressed and doesn't even want to look at me.

There is light though. I've got friends to help me through, and they've been crucial. I thank them so much for being there for me. They're seeing me through these really really hard times.
    I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
    I became Abdishtar this spring.
    Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

Been Bisexual for a long time (most of my life, looking back on how I behaved). I never really "came out" to my family. They all just kinda knew and didn't care. Hubby knows and doesn't care. I'm pretty sure he likes the idea. Not that he's had a chance to test it out. :P
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper Raven View Post
        Been Bisexual for a long time (most of my life, looking back on how I behaved). I never really "came out" to my family. They all just kinda knew and didn't care. Hubby knows and doesn't care. I'm pretty sure he likes the idea. Not that he's had a chance to test it out. :P
        Is that going to be like his birthday present at some point.
        Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

I'm straight, and extremely monogamous. I always wanted to have only one partner for life. Now I guess I have to say I hope I only have one more. And I'm holding out for a hero.
          This is problematic to some Christian friends. They assume all Pagans are quite promiscuous, and I have to explain that we have freedom of choice over these matters.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

For all intents and purposes I am straight. There have been indications over the years that it's not quite that simple (and I also firmly believe that sexual orientation is more of a scale than a box), but I'm happily married and have no desire to explore the issue further.
            "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
            Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

Originally posted by OpenHands View Post
              For all intents and purposes I am straight. There have been indications over the years that it's not quite that simple (and I also firmly believe that sexual orientation is more of a scale than a box), but I'm happily married and have no desire to explore the issue further.
              Also known as the Kinsey Scale, although Kinsey has been largely discredited due to his questionable methods of data collection.
              Check it out on wikipedia; fascinating stuff.

I like to think of myself as about 85% straight - I love women, I'm attracted to women, but at the same time a part of me understands gay attraction, and I definitely know what my "type" would be if I were gay.

And to this day I refuse to tell my friends which one of them I once had a gay dream about. It really freaks them out because none of them knows for sure!
              Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper Raven View Post
                Been Bisexual for a long time (most of my life, looking back on how I behaved). I never really "came out" to my family. They all just kinda knew and didn't care.
                That's pretty much me - it was confusing them for awhile, because they thought I was just gay... but I also dated & had sex with men. But it wasn't just limited to girly girls or manly men. There's a lot of in-between out there when it comes to sex, gender, roles & getting it on.

I just tell people I'm omnisexual & let them fantasizefigure it out.
                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  I'm straight, and extremely monogamous. I always wanted to have only one partner for life. Now I guess I have to say I hope I only have one more. And I'm holding out for a hero.
                  This is problematic to some Christian friends. They assume all Pagans are quite promiscuous, and I have to explain that we have freedom of choice over these matters.
                  And may I say it's also been extremely problematic with Pagan friends in the past, who ridiculed my choices as being Biblical, when they are actually personal. Kinda like "feminists" ridiculing "stay-home Moms".
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                    And may I say it's also been extremely problematic with Pagan friends in the past, who ridiculed my choices as being Biblical, when they are actually personal. Kinda like "feminists" ridiculing "stay-home Moms".
                    A lot of pagans are very proud of how diverse a group we are, but shouldn't that mean that there's room for the straight monogamous crowd too? That's a shame.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Originally posted by CttCJim View Post
                    Also known as the Kinsey Scale, although Kinsey has been largely discredited due to his questionable methods of data collection.
                    Check it out on wikipedia; fascinating stuff.

I like to think of myself as about 85% straight - I love women, I'm attracted to women, but at the same time a part of me understands gay attraction, and I definitely know what my "type" would be if I were gay.

And to this day I refuse to tell my friends which one of them I once had a gay dream about. It really freaks them out because none of them knows for sure!
                    Using a defunct study was a bad way of putting it, you're right. I should amend that to say that I believe for myself that orientation is more fluid than some folks think it is, but everybody is different in that regard. And lol about your friends wondering over that dream. Keep 'em guessing!
                    "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
                    Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

I agree with those who have said that sexual experience=sexual orientation is illogical. I was just saying I know a lot of people who think that way. I've often wondered, if that's how they think it works, how they were so sure they were straight until they had straight sex?

Comment

Originally posted by OpenHands View Post
                        A lot of pagans are very proud of how diverse a group we are, but shouldn't that mean that there's room for the straight monogamous crowd too? That's a shame.[COLOR="Silver"]

Wherever I go, I don't quite fit.
                        sigpic

Comment

I fit what I expect of myself ... All expectations by others are simply PPPPFFFFFTTTTT ...
                          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I had some problems coming out (although minicule considering it was a small country town and even smaller considering what some people go though) and mine wasnt so much as coming out as eveyone knew and was just waiting for me to find my first boyfriend on the whole i would prefer to be out even dealing with some hasseling then to bother hiding it. (also my private thought that gays are simply better probably has something to do with that)
                            But mummy the other religions dont have to 'an it harm none'

Comment

Originally posted by ravenferret View Post
                              I agree with those who have said that sexual experience=sexual orientation is illogical. I was just saying I know a lot of people who think that way. I've often wondered, if that's how they think it works, how they were so sure they were straight until they had straight sex?
                              You are right on with this one. Some people have this "try it, you'll like it" mentality in both directions. And for some of us who like just one gender, the idea of being with the other just feels like the wrong choice. I'm sure my hubby would love me to be bisexual, but honestly, I'd be as likely to have sex with a goat.

Women are beautiful in a purely aethetic way and I get why they are sexy (I have no idea why I might be, but that's a whole other issue). I just don't want any of it.

Comment

Hoo boy. I had to come out to myself before I could come out to anyone else. After years of self-hatred because of my attraction to women, I finally realised that I didn't have to be ashamed anymore. Followed by self-discovery and stuff, coming to my current religion... And then I came out to myself as pansexual and I was happy finally.
                                As to coming out to other people, I wrote a blog post about it, about my sexuality and feelings. And all the responses were positive and supportive, so yay ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X