X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Satanic stereotypes

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
    Thank you. You guys have proved to me that atheism is in fact a religion and believes in faith.

I have been debating this for years with atheists who say they have no religion and in fact they do.
    We have an Ask an Atheist thread as well. You know you just might want to start using your search function up there.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sirius, this thread is for stereotypes that people have about Satanists. It's a fun and nice thread.
      If you have questions about Satanism or Atheism, you can go to the threads we have here and ask your questions. They will be answered by actual Satanists and Atheists, since you don't want to take our word for it.
      [4:82]

Comment

Seriously Sirius? I guess I can't leave well-enough alone, but I hope this clears this up:

This concept of Satanism is a philosophy with some "example material" included as imagery.

If we must get technical, Satanism is not a religion of "Atheism", but more clearly Suitheism: self worship. The Satanist literally understands themselves as their own god, responsibilities entailed and all. Autotheism was already taken by the Christian doctrine of "God's Self-Existence" from Medieval Christian scholars, and many Satanists didn't want to be associated with it. Linguistic purists claim Autotheism as their own label, regardless of this, as the former example "Sui" is from Greek, while "Auto" and "Theist" are both from Latin. But, since one is a really obscure word that plenty of dictionaries don't have, and the other has contradicting definitions...

"Atheist" carries enough of the idea when we want a casual conversation, like this thread's intent.
        (Sorry, I couldn't leave it alone.)

Stereotypes? I've got plenty that aren't true.

- Satanists have to be on drugs, or they wouldn't be so confused about their faith in Jesus.
        - All a Satanist needs to come back to God is a few Bible verses.
        - Satanists all hate their parents. Because Freud or someone related your view on God with your daddy.
        - Satanists think they're vampires.
        - Crowley was a Satanist (not an exact fit, but related).
        - Satanists are folks that nobody likes.
        - Satanists don't like anybody else.
        - Satanists are incapable of love.
        - Satanists know that they're going to be tortured forever in Hell, but are stooopid enough to think they'll get preferential treatment.
        - All Satanists are Neonazis.
        - Satanist guys often wear facepaint, "guyliner" or some other form of makeup.
        - You'll be able to spot a Satanist, they stand out from all the black clothes they wear.
        - Children and animal sacrifices.
        - Satanists are practically illiterate.
        Last edited by AzazelEblis; 17 Feb 2011, 09:10.
        "A true initiation never ends"-Robert Anton Wilson
        http://www.hermetic.com/crowley
        "Reality has become a commodity"-Stephen Colbert 1/29/07
        http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
        "Sometimes, when you can't breathe, there are people there to breathe for you" - Aesop Rock
        http://upholdingmaat.wordpress.com

Comment

In my view there is 3 form of satanism.

1)Laveyan atheistic satanism.

2)Symbolic satanism:In this form of satanism the follower see other gods in form of satan.It could be Enki,seth,poseidon etc. Many member of the symbolic satanism assimilate concept and ideas from other religion and philosophy.

I'm a symbolic satanist.I see satan as the sumerian god Enki, so i could also be consider as Sumerian pagan.I also studied and practice Hermeticism and other ceremonial magick.

3)Reverse Christian:Those are basically christians who had turn to the opposite of their religion.Instead of worshipping God, they embrace satan.Most of them are rebellious teenager or agnosticist who did this for shock value.
          Last edited by Satansoul666; 10 Mar 2011, 11:03. Reason: Correction.
          "Do what thou will shall be the whole of the law.Love under will."-Aleister Crowley

Comment

I used to think that they worshipped Satan.

Now I think they like occult symbolism and are essentially hedonists.
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
            X