Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

100%. Currently walkin' the one-man path after a very distressing break up.
    Joel Marriott
    Feel Free To Check Out My Blog

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg5843#msg5843 date=1287782148]
      What percentage of self do you keep from your significant other? As in do you think they know everything about you etc?
      [/quote]

Probably less than 5 %. We have been together most of our adult lives. We have seen each other at our best and worst. We have grown together. The only thing I don't talk about with the hubby is my first (VERY brief) marriage, and other ex-loves. It was all so long ago now that it just doesn't come up or even matter.
      What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Are there any scents that invoke childhood memories?
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg7128#msg7128 date=1288143883]
          [/quote]

The smell of diesel exhaust & rain - being a kid in Washington w/my dad. He was a trucker. I still love that strange combination of odors.
          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

pipe tobacco, reminds me of my dad every time
            What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

[/quote]

Cinnamon.

When I was a kid and my parents didn't have money, we'd have either rice with cinnamon sprinkled on it for dinner, or scrambled eggs. The rice was better. I actually still make it sometimes when I'm alone. Don't tell anybody.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

[/quote]

No, and because of that, I've just realized how lame I am ;_;

Though metal holes makes me think of the time when I stuck my thumb up the little wheel-hole thing on a shopping chart when I was REALLY little. I can still feel the surge running down my legs. Sometimes I think I feel things too much ><

Comment

[/quote]

Cocoa butter. When I was 5, I was set aflame by a firework and when I was in the burn ward, the stuff they used on my skin smelled like cocoa butter.

Comment

[/quote]

Lilacs. My Grandma always wore lilac perfume and she had tons of lilac bushes in the back yard. In the spring her house always had fresh lilacs through out.

:'(

Comment

[/quote]

My grandparents had lived in their house since the 40's. It was always very clean, but had a slight dusty-musty smell, mixed with copper from the jars of old pennies in the bedroom, Old Spice in the bathroom, and various dirt and garden produce smells in the kitchen.
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[/quote]

Boxwoods. Those bushes that everyone has around their house (at least here). I can smell them and apparently not many other people can - reminds me of my grandfather every time.

Aluminum Tap Magic. Smells like 'christmas'. Everyone I've ever worked with has called it 'Santa Juice' (as opposed to "joy juice" which is the white creamy lubricant for cutting) because I always start talking about christmas when it's used.
                        The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

What is the worst insult you've ever received from someone? Were you able to forgive them?
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg7556#msg7556 date=1288255952]
                            What is the worst insult you've ever received from someone? Were you able to forgive them?
                            [/quote]

I've heard some insults in my life, but I think my mother holds the record for the most AND the worst. The first one I can think of is when she saw me on my wedding day and her first words were, "Your hair looks like shit." Direct quote.

But yeah, I kind of have to forgive her.

Comment

The one that really hurt lately was my other half commenting on my weight. He said (quote) "I imagine you as the beautiful skinny lassy I got together with, then I see you and remember you are now the beautiful, not as skinny lassy". Now he was trying to be diplomatic about it and I was the one moaning about my tummy and the weight I have put on the last few years... but damn did that hurt!
                              I forgave him though, because as I said it bothers me to... X
                              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg7556#msg7556 date=1288255952]
                                [/quote]

None that stand out...

..oh! wait, I have one.

So, there I was preggo as all get out, after spending an entire morning puking, visiting my hubby at Great Lakes (one of our lovely Naval respites from each others company) and some beeeyatch right out of boot camp says (to Scott, in front of me) "I don't know why you're with HER, when you could have gotten with ME" (to put it bluntly, corps school is the slut training ground of the Navy for a good proportion of individuals--lets just say that the word corps rhymes with whore...and married fleet returnees are some sort of "street credit" in the post-boot camp pent-up hormone rush).

She's lucky I didn't punch her or puke on her...instead Scott was such an asshole that she ran away crying.

I wan't terribly offended--pissed off at the time maybe, but not hurt--just hormonal. Besides, she's a twit...I mean, WTF did she think she was going to accomplish? And, TBH, when I was at corps school, one of my suite mates was a ring hunter, so I was familiar with that brand of immaturity and idiocy. I consider it an amusing anecdote of my time in the United States Navy--a sea story, if you will.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X