Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg8760#msg8760 date=1288602616]
    Do you think your parents made any major mistakes in how they raised you? If so, how did it affect you?
    [/quote]

I don't think they made any major mistakes, especially when I hear stories of physical abuse and such from other people. Then I am appreciative that I have (and have had) "good" parents.
    And now I will express a quote in mime...

Comment

Do you think your parents made any major mistakes in how they raised you? If so, how did it affect you?
      [/quote]

Boy, they screwed up pretty bad. I don't want to go into too much detail, but it was ( and still is ) often made clear that I don't have a brain in my head. I'm also the weird one - my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

[/quote]

Neither of my parents raised me, and that was the best decision they ever made. I turned out just fine. =)
        Remember I came for you and will come for you always
        Forget the names because names lie, but remember us
        Because when you look at me I remember myself
        Remember me because I will never forget you ♥

Comment

[/quote]

Yep. My home was spiritually and emotionally abusive growing up. On the positive side, I probably wouldn't be where I am religiously, or take the time to really try to figure out what my kid's need, rather then what I think is best for them.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[/quote]
            Mom made choices ... Good or bad, who knows ... I think her choice to let her folks do a bit of the raising of us kids was a good one ... I think her last hubby was a good choice for her ... I think she was a bit better at raising my 5 younger sisters than me ...
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Ok well I guess I should answer. Mistakes all over the place.
              Mother: She's bi polar. So she didn't really raise me. Maybe between the ages of 7-12. After that I sort of had to raise myself. And about 14 was really taking care of her and I. I paid the bils, collected the rent, did the shopping and cooking and cleaning etc. And taking care of her mental illness kicking in and out.
              Father: He died when I was 11. So yeah, that was his mistake I guess.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Are you holding on to something that you need to let go of?
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg9493#msg9493 date=1288755995]
                  [/quote]

Blair.

Mostly art.

Comment

[/quote]

the collective "reality" of the human mind... Im needing to break free. =o)
                    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[/quote]

I"m back-building a rant. Does that count?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

[/quote]

Nope, because I need both hands to type >
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

[/quote]Of course ... I am a pack rat ... But I might need this stuff some day ... Ya never know ...
                          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Are you holding on to something that you need to let go of?[/quote]
                            In terms of materialistic things, no.

Comment

[/quote]

My lazyness. Definetly.
                              And now I will express a quote in mime...

Comment

[/quote]
                                Some "What if"s.

Comment

Working...
                                X