• Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

greg lake - i believe in father christmas
    david bowie and bing crosby - little drummer boy

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg20689#msg20689 date=1291790945]
      What is your fave Christmas/Yule/Solstice song?
      [/quote]

Traditional carols:
      Deck the Halls
      Good King Wenceslas
      Joy to the World
      - it's quite Pagan, heh.
      Carol of the Bells when done by TSO

Christmas Songs - my year is not complete until I've heard these:

I Am Santa Claus
      Santa & His Old Lady
      The Pause of Mr. Claus

The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Frosty the Snowman
        What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Grandma got run over by a reindeer ...

I yust go nuts at Christmas ...

12 Days of Christmas (Jeff Foxworthy) ...

Hard candy Christmas (Dolly Parton) ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[/quote]

Can't think of any that I would consider a favorite.
            Call me asocial, but I prefer my mp3-player+headphones on loudest volume any time over Christmas songs.
            And now I will express a quote in mime...

Comment

[/quote]

There is NO way to pick just one.

Hark the Herald Angel Sing
              Angels We Have Heard On High
              Coventry Carol
              Carol of the Bells
              O Come O Come Emmanuel
              O Holy Night
              Joy to the World

Ok, so the old carols. The new songs don't have that same awesome intention of different moving parts and 4 part harmony.
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGRMSJ4Xg5w[/youtube]
                "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=62.msg21019#msg21019 date=1291890313]
                  [/quote]Just watched it ... ROFLMOA ... DIPMH ...
                  I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Good King Wenceslas and Holly and the Ivy.
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=62.msg21019#msg21019 date=1291890313]
                      [/quote]

HA

Leroy J

Comment

[/quote]
                        I'm not a big fan of Holiday music, but I do like some Christmas music by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra...especially A Mad Russian's Christmas

Comment

[quote author=Storm link=topic=62.msg21363#msg21363 date=1291992084]
                          I'm not a big fan of Holiday music, but I do like some Christmas music by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra...especially A Mad Russian's Christmas
                          [/quote]

That's from The Nutcracker. You should check out the dances. The one featured in A Mad Russian's Christmas is "Trepak," or, "The Russian Dance."

Comment

Pagan Born by Inkubus Sukkubus and Noon of the Solstice by Damh the Bard.

I'm also partial to the parodies that Bob Rivers has done, especially "The 12 Pains of Christmas" and "Carol of the Bartenders."
                            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Who has most influenced you the most creatively, and how?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg21719#msg21719 date=1292100760]
                                Who has most influenced you the most creatively, and how?
                                [/quote]Grandpa ... I lived quite a while with my grands (moms folks) ... Grandpa built a 32 foot cabin cruiser boat in the back yard ... Stored it there because he didn't want to pay someone to not watch it at the docks ... He would use it to get me to mind ...

"We ain't goin' fishin' if grandma says you been bead" ...

With it sitting there beside the garage it had a lasting influence on me ... I could see my prize all year long every day ...

Comment

Working...
                                X