Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg21719#msg21719 date=1292100760]
    Who has most influenced you the most creatively, and how?
    [/quote]

I could answer this two ways, and so I shall.

Most Pragmatically: my parents. They enabled me to play, got me lessons, a beautiful instrument, sent me around the world to play it, took me to orchestra for years and years, came to my competitions, and basically made it important.

Most Artistic: William Blake. He made me want to write poetry.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=62.msg21752#msg21752 date=1292109959]
      Grandpa ... I lived quite a while with my grands (moms folks) ... Grandpa built a 32 foot cabin cruiser boat in the back yard ... Stored it there because he didn't want to pay someone to not watch it at the docks ... He would use it to get me to mind ...

"We ain't goin' fishin' if grandma says you been bead" ...

With it sitting there beside the garage it had a lasting influence on me ... I could see my prize all year long every day ...
      [/quote]I think it helped give me a certain sense of pride in doing things too ...
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

New Year's Resolutions. You. Go!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg25943#msg25943 date=1293766191]
          [/quote]Don't really make them but I think next year I will try to put a bit of money away so that I can take a vacation ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I haven't made one in years. I probably should this year.
            Hey, I know: I resolve to quit smoking.
            That's gonna be tough!
            Sleep, my friend, and you will see
            That dream is my reality

Comment

[/quote]

Get into art school.
              AND
              do 30 minutes of exercise every day. MINIMUM.
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

New Year's Resolutions. You. Go![/quote]
                Get published. Which, come hell or highwater, I will do. And the old standby, lose weight.
                Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

[/quote]

I have no idea.
                  What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

[/quote]
                    Visit a country on my list.
                    apply for the RAF

Comment

[/quote]

Buy an album. Do a scrapbook page at the end of each month for the fun stuff we did. Buy another album, and start to work backwards through the Giant Bin of Stuff Des Can't Stand to Get Rid of.
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[/quote]

I don't really do resolutions. I have a few things next year that I'd like to do, but they are more related to the fact that I will be employed, and less related to the fact that it is a new year.

Mostly art.

Comment

finish my degree
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

[/quote]

Losing 60lbs so I can have a safer, more trouble-free hysterectomy this year!!!
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

[/quote]

I don't really DO new year's resolutions, but this year there are some things coming up that I'm excited about and they're new so I suppose they can substitute as resolutions.

1. grow my hairs out long again
                              2. start up my jiu jitsu class when I get back to Phoenix on the 3rd of Jan
                              3. exercise more regularly
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[/quote]

Work only one job, but make more money than I'm making now.
                                Pay off as many debts as possible by the end of the year.
                                Get my Warhammer Fantasy Orc & Goblin army to a full 3,000-4,000 points fully painted, including fully modeled/painted movement trays and a safe way to transport them all.
                                Finish painting the rest of these models I've got lying around my house, too.
                                この言葉が読めれば、グーグルを見つけておめでとう御座います。

Now go read a book or something...

Comment

Working...
                                X