Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    If you found out your s/o was born the opposite sex of what they are now, how would you deal with it?
    Well, after nearly 30 years of being married, I'd figure it is much too late to be concerned about now, so I'd probably just shrug and say "That's nice dear."
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      Well, after nearly 30 years of being married, I'd figure it is much too late to be concerned about now, so I'd probably just shrug and say "That's nice dear."

LMFAO.

I'm not sure how I would react to be honest with you!

Comment

Woah I guess I should get off my butt and get this back in play, huh?
        What is something you believe in that you know for a fact is logically false?
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Logically false as deemed by the general public? ... Remember that some of us have beliefs that are borne by "facts" and events that we individually feel are real ...
          I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusjinx View Post
            Logically false as deemed by the general public? ... Remember that some of us have beliefs that are borne by "facts" and events that we individually feel are real ...
            Whatever rationalization you need to sleep better at night will do.

Comment

If you found out your s/o was born the opposite sex of what they are now, how would you deal with it?
              I'd be fine with it. I might wonder why he waited so long to tell me, given he knows I'd be fine with it - but I wouldn't be mad or anything.

Bah, it's bothering me, because I was just thinking about this a few days ago because there was something I caught myself in, but now I can't think of it. :/ It was something medical related, I think...
              So instead I will answer with zombies.
              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Perfection in an imperfect world. All inches have the same length... all pies can be divided in perfect halves.

Comment

Being a practitioner of the Poison Path, I know there is no actual archaeological evidence that psychoactive plants were treated as anything but poisonous by various ancient cultures. But something appeals to me in believing that Santa Claus was originally a magic mushroom.
                  The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                    But something appeals to me in believing that Santa Claus was originally a magic mushroom.
                    LOL - me too. And I'll fight anybody who tries to tell me that Santa Claus isn't a secret code word for Aminita muscaria...

What is something that you believe in that you know is logically false?

This comes from our schools previous mission statement: We believe that all students ae capable of learning..."
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That everything happens for a reason. It is very likely to be logically wrong, but hey hoo. X
                      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Karma, "what goes around comes around", etc.
                        What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

What are you doing for mother's day?

Comment

Nothing that day has no importance to me. The only day were we honor elders is Fall Equinox (Elder's day), that day we bring a present to mother, father, grand-parents(those who are still alive). etc.. who are alive. If they are dead, then they get honored on the night of October 31st to November 1st (Day of The Dead, Day of Spirits, Ancestor's Day, Halloween, Shamain, whatever the name).
                            Last edited by Taiga Pagan; 06 May 2011, 16:29.

Comment

Working. We already took the m.i.l. her balloon & card, spent some time w/her, so all is well.
                              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

taking both Moms out to dinner,
                                What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X