Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

When was the last time you did something and later asked yourself 'did I do the right thing?'?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      When was the last time you did something and later asked yourself 'did I do the right thing?'?
      When I got out of bed, this morning.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

A few minutes ago. It's a common question for me.
        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

It's been a while. In my advancing age I tend to doubt others more than myself.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Last month. I'll finally find out this weekend whether I screwed the pooch on that decision.

Comment

About 6 months ago. I REALLY questioned my morality then! X
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

After meditation, first thing this morning. Before that it had been a while.
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Last night. When I opted out of piss-pounding my nephew for an unbelievably crass remark about our children and their lack of intrinsic value, in essence. That they are cheap and easy to replace AND that no extra time should be wasted on handicapped ones - let 'em go, let 'em die. Just make a new one.

I'm still vacillating on it, to be honest. He really does deserve a long hospital stay. I'm just having trouble deciding if it should be me that brings him near death.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

You mean so far today?

- Constantly. How else would I know what to do next time, if I don't constantly evaluate the effectiveness of what I've done this time?

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                    Last night. When I opted out of piss-pounding my nephew for an unbelievably crass remark about our children and their lack of intrinsic value, in essence. That they are cheap and easy to replace AND that no extra time should be wasted on handicapped ones - let 'em go, let 'em die. Just make a new one.
                    Sometimes anger, followed by a fist, is the correct response. I think you are describing one of those cases, Chain.

If the kid is young, he has a (poor) excuse, but if he's an adult... (I need a skull and crossbones symbol to go here).
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

I'm still vacillating on it, to be honest. He really does deserve a long hospital stay. I'm just having trouble deciding if it should be me that brings him near death.
                      Prison sentences are aggravating. I'd enjoy knowing if the prick will apply his 'life not worth living' principle to himself but most of the side effects of arranging that type of injury aren't worthwhile.

Corbin: Going by Chain's commentary in the Adult section, the insult to pondscum in question has 4 kids of his own and a fifth en-route. Admittedly he may still be young but barring some really strange background he's old enough to know better.
                      Last edited by MaskedOne; 08 Aug 2011, 12:17.
                      Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Yes, he's an adult, aged 29. Has several kids of his own. His brother was severely handicapped and died at the age of like 19 or 20. His cousin died of brain cancer at 23. "No big deal, we'll make more." Takes even MY cynicism to a whole new level of atrocity.

Comment

I can think in those terms if I really want to but, as a general rule, I consider my 'humans are numbers and only the final sum matters' mindset to be inappropriate for daily life. Thinking of people as numbers can lead you through the mental justification of some truly disturbed acts. That he applies such a mindset to children in any but the most extreme conditions is one of those things that leaves me wanting to hurt him, very badly.

Comment

Which is why I'm still beating myself up over whether I made the right decision. We were talking about his handicapped brother, my daughter and his desire to have LOTS of babies, even with his having such a high risk for having this same genetic defect, this mutation, that stays at 50/50 for passing it along to your children. And those kids then, being at extremely high risk for certain types of cancer.

The complete idiocy that followed is still unfathomable. Totally unbelievable. He's a PARENT! I called him uncaring and apathetic. I did not pound his mindless skull into the concrete.

Comment

Let me get this straight, this pathetic excuse for a defective excrement eating surat and disgrace to dung eaters everywhere believes that a handicapped child constitutes life not worthy of life, has a 50/50 chance of passing a handicap to each of his kids and he wants lots of kids. Is he looking for opportunities to kill children or did I miss some key part of the insult to ***** everywhere's philosophy?

Comment

I'm guessing he doesn't want to adopt instead because then he won't be passing along his winning personality and burning intellect? What does he find so tremendously important about furthering his DNA strand? Will it make him feel less imperfect if he has some healthy kids?
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X