Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    You have $100 to spend on non essential stuff. What do you buy?
    Whiskey, nug, and a nice meal... or clothes.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Tattoo touch-ups!
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

A massage and a pedicure.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Steak, wine, lipstick....
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

1+ computer games, 1+ books, magic cards and pizza.

Numbers are sort of flexible depending on the prices I'm dealing with.

Hmm, elements on list are subject to random mod based on if certain pieces of hardware are available cheaply.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Not enough for the computer I want... I could easily spend this on a movie night for me and the hubby. Dinner and a movie. Popcorn. Etc. And I wanna get some more lights from Spencer's. I really like those dance lights, they're fun to watch. Books. Always more books. I could probably spend $100 on books easily.
              We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
              It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
              Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
              -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Shoes.

Or perhaps make-up.

Or books.

Or cheese.
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

If I had $100, I would give it to my mom so that she had the extra money she needs and didn't have to wait until next week to buy my step dad the greyhound ticket to get his stupid butt out of here. /honesty.
                  It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                  -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

You have 1 million dollars. What do you buy? No, you can't save it. Spend!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

A ridiculous house. One with so many rooms that I would likely get lost because I would have no need for most of them, probably not know that some of them existed, and probably only spend time in about three of them. And cleaning? Psh. What cleaning? I'll hire a maid. (This ridiculous house will be bought somewhere in south america where that million will go the extra mile... )
                      It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                      -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I would probably buy a small house,put a little in the bank to cover medical and living expenses,then give the rest away.
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

$100 was easy. $1,000,000 is not.

Maybe a start-up deer ranch in Washington state?
                          The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Debt. Over $30,000 directly to medical debt and helping people who have loaned us to get out here.

A few hundred to making sure that both my children are no longer constantly growing out of their only pair of pants or last pair of shoes.

I couldn't afford to own a house around here, but moving into a small house with a yard where I can garden and we can my kids the dog they want so badly.

Education. So that I'm not a waitress for the rest of my life.
                            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

The first thing I'd do is pay off my mum's debts and set up a special account that paid a direct debit to her of a decent amount of money for the rest of her days (if I gave her it all in a lump, she'd just spend it all and we'd be back to square one). I don't think JP and I would need much after that. We're happy and we have a nice, comfortable home. Maybe a few little treats, but after that, just having the money I currently give my mum, to ourselves, would be enough to feel wealthier.

Hmm.. or... I guess, as Miyo can only see her family every few years, I'd also love to pay for me and my friends from the conversation group, and maybe some of my closer non-Japanese speaking friends, to all spend a few weeks in dear old Nippon. Massive Tokyo blow-out! Then again, the way we drink, a Million wouldn't be enough. Maybe a Million POUNDS, but dollars may fall a little short.
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

A house, small... Then put furniture and baby stuff in it and then ... well maybe the hubby would take the hint...
                                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X