Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=62.msg5746#msg5746 date=1287758249]
    I think the heart is capable of many things, and that loving more than one person is entirely possible. In fact, I feel bad for people who only learn to love one person, because I feel they are missing out on so much joy.
    [/quote]

I think that depends utterly on your definitions of love and the state of your heart. Mine is an elitist bitch. Also, I don't personally believe there is enough room in my heart to be IN love with more than one fellow, especially since its a big enough deal to even think about being in love with one. Love is something I take seriously and don't bandy around with - not saying that you do, V, I'm just saying that my heart must be infinitely harder than yours if you can fall in love so easily and I have never felt a twinge of love for someone romantically.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=62.msg5768#msg5768 date=1287764139]
      I think that depends utterly on your definitions of love and the state of your heart. Mine is an elitist bitch. Also, I don't personally believe there is enough room in my heart to be IN love with more than one fellow, especially since its a big enough deal to even think about being in love with one. Love is something I take seriously and don't bandy around with - not saying that you do, V, I'm just saying that my heart must be infinitely harder than yours if you can fall in love so easily and I have never felt a twinge of love for someone romantically.
      [/quote]

Perhaps, but I bet you get hurt less than I do.

Mostly art.

Comment

*edited since I saw my question was in the debate thread already. Oopsie.

What percentage of self do you keep from your significant other? As in do you think they know everything about you etc?
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I dont think my wife knows anything about the real me. [/sarcasm]
          "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=Medusa link=topic=62.msg5843#msg5843 date=1287782148]
            What percentage of self do you keep from your significant other? As in do you think they know everything about you etc?
            [/quote]

My current sort of boyfriend knows more about me than anyone else ever has, but some things he just doesn't need to know.....nobody does. It's a small percentage, though.

Comment

*edited since I saw my question was in the debate thread already. Oopsie.

[/quote]

I keep a lot. It takes a while for me to open up.
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Id like to think my fella knows me inside out.. but sometime he gets it really wrong.. but a bit of mystery is always good

Comment

[/quote]

There might be one or two small things I never told him, but they're things I'd never share with another living soul whatsoever and only because they're embarrassing.

Comment

Fiddly knows my ins and outs better then anyone, but there are some things, that even if I tell them to him, I'm not always sure he "gets it", if that makes sense.
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[/quote]

He only knows what I let him know, and the things he's figured out himself about my personality, moods & habits over the past 17 years or so.

I don't talk much.
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

[/quote]

I keep pretty quiet - but I'm easy to read if you're good at that kind of thing. So it's a 50-50 whether he knows the things I don't want him to or not.

Mostly art.

Comment

There are parts of me he doesn't get and will never know. Some things you just need to keep to yourself. Control the madness? X
                          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[/quote]

Everything that she's not interested in, which would be about 75 - 80 percent.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

[/quote]

Hmm.. We've been together only 8 months so far so there are definitely lot of things he doesn't know about me and my background, but those are things that just haven't come to the discussion yet. I can't figure out a thing I wouldn't tell him if he asked. And he already knows my darkest secrets. :P

So maybe there's like 40% he doesn't know yet, but maybe 1% with what I wouldn't bother him - mainly because he wouldn't be interested at all or he'd get it somehow wrong as he's not same way into pagan things as I am. :P And only 1% because I like to babble about things that come to my mind and i've experienced even if I know he's not too interested in hearing all the details.. xD

Comment

I don't intentionally withhold anything from my significant other (when I have one). Everything is exposed in due time.
                                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X