Meditation- How to shut my head up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meditation- How to shut my head up

Thank for the advice. I'm still finding it very difficult, but that has so much to do with my head more than anything else. X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
      Hope this can be of some help, this is how I've meditated for years.

1. Try and find a time in your day when you are least likely to be interrupted.

2. In a quiet place (I sit in the middle of an oriental rug in my living room) sit cross legged,I have music on low (instrumental only, Celest suggestion of Anugama-Shamanic Dream is a good choice) and the lights dimmed.

3. Start by breathing in through you noise and out through you mouth slowly, until you feel yourself relax.

4. Invasion a cord with a crystal on both ends. Start in the center of your mind and slowly send the crystal down through the center of your body, through the floor and down through the earth. All the way into the earth's core.This is your grounding point.

5. Next send the other end of the cord up through your head, see yourself sitting in the room as you ascend up through the ceiling, roof, above your home, and up into the atmosphere. Take it all the way into space, see the planets, moon's, stars, etc. The important part is to do it slowly, let your mind take over until you feel yourself being slowly drawn back down into your body seeing everything as you reenter yourself.

6. Then slowly draw the cord back into your body from the earths core. Again visualizing everything as you pass back up into yourself. I find this takes about an hour to complete, but this is after getting into it the first few times it maybe a shorter duration of time.

At this point I become aware of my physical self again and slowly return to a fully conscious state of mind. After meditating like this I feel as refreshed as if I've had a good nights sleep.

I hope this helps you out.
      I like this.
      Did you come up with this or borrow it from somewhere?
      What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

I think it was in a book on transcendental meditation I read back in the 1970's, but I am not sure. I've used it for a long time because it works well for me.
        Being old I tend to forget such things like......what were we talking about?
        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I think it was in a book on transcendental meditation I read back in the 1970's, but I am not sure. I've used it for a long time because it works well for me.
          Being old I tend to forget such things like......what were we talking about?

Not sure how I double posted.
          Last edited by Monk; 15 Mar 2011, 15:12.
          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Working...
          X