• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hi

Polish, thanks for welcome

Comment

Well, Hello there

Hello. My name is Levi. I am just browsing the web, and this forum, looking for a good place to talk to others about religion. And yes, I love to talk about religion. I respect all other religious practices, just because its the ethical thing to do. I am only seventeen at this time, but I understand more about religions (and what some call "mythology") than others in my family, or my school do. I love to read and hang out with my friends. I am very good when it comes to using computers, or mainly any form of technology. And just so you do not have to go to my profile to find my religious path, it is Eclectic Wicca. I haven't really selected a tradition. I guess you could say I am just picking and choosing what I believe in as I go.
      Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again!
      Blessed be.
      "Common sense is unfortunately not very common." -Anonymous
      " But why should love stop at the border?" -Pablo Casals
      It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.
      -Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Re: Well, Hello there

Hello and welcome! you will find all sorts of religions and other things to talk about here! and 17 isn't much of an indication of anything, so you are fine!
        http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Welcome, Levi. It is good to have you here.
          Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Greetings

My name is Eric, I am a Polytheist and I live in California. When I was a teen and in to my twenties I became very involved in Thelemic mysticism which gave way later in my life to Goddess worship and eclectic Neopaganism. My wife is Hellenic and we are raising our son with a mixture of our traditions. I lean towards Celtic mysteries and Hoodoo, my approach to worship is faith based and thus I tend to identify as a Polytheistic rather than a Pagan as I feel that more accurately represents me. I worship across a variety of pantheons and have a deep fascination with correspondences and the was different spiritual systems mesh together but whatever I study or practice my heart and soul belong to Brighid and I endeavor first and foremost to be a better servant to Her.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Take a good look around, and if you have any questions, feel free to contact myself or another staff member.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Re: Greetings

Hi Eric,

Since youre into Brigid I thought you might enjoy the current episode of story archaeology. Its not a recon thing and doesnt legitimise itself in an idiom youd be used to but it is interesting enough that you might find something in there to overcome any deficits you find.

Comment

We've already talked, but welcome to the forum!
                  Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

hey, and welcome! Hope you'll enjoy it here
                    ~ flowers are our only garments
                    only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

hey, welcome! have a nice time here at PF
                      ~ flowers are our only garments
                      only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Thank you all. I'll be looking forward to seeing you on other topics around the forum.
                        "Common sense is unfortunately not very common." -Anonymous
                        " But why should love stop at the border?" -Pablo Casals
                        It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.
                        -Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Thank you so much for that James, my wife and I listened to the entire story of Brigid tonight, it was fantastic. I'm going to check out Macha as well and Eithliu.

Comment

Welcome Ericjdev. I hope you enjoy your experiences here.
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by ericjdev View Post
                              Thank you so much for that James, my wife and I listened to the entire story of Brigid tonight, it was fantastic. I'm going to check out Macha as well and Eithliu.
                              Youre welcome Eric Im glad you liked it. Snugglin up with the mrs for a listen sounds like a slice of fried gold
                              One of the things I find genuinely interesting about the story archaeology blog is Isolde is blind and manages to overcome all the challenges that puts in her way to study. Some Celtic pagans whine and say 'they cant' do serious study for various reasons, well Isolde should make them ashamed to their boots. Shes proof that theres nothing standing in the way of anyone with a genuine interest whos willing to work hard to achieve their goals.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X