X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hi glad to be hear

Greetings and welcome.
    They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
    Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
    -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Howdy Egyptmage!

Glad to meet ya!
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Welcome to our gathering place on the forum!
        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Hello everyone I am new to this site.

Greetings everyone, I am new to these forums. hoping to meet new people in my area. i am in Florida . I am very open minded and would like to meet others with eclectic beliefs. I am just looking forward to meeting others for good conversation and hopefully meeting others in my area to make possible friendships.

Comment

Nice to meet everyone.

Comment

Welcome
              "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
              - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Re: Hello everyone I am new to this site.

Welcome
                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Welcome to PF!
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome to PF
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to PF!
                      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Another new face

I've been contemplating joining PF for a while now- just got to it today. xD

I'm here looking for an open-minded community (came to the right place, yeah?) in which I can share my practices without fear. Be warned, I'm a strange one- I practice facets of Wicca/paganism in support of my belief in the Christian God, and I study science right alongside my faith.

Pleased to meet you all~

Comment

Tiny little suggestion

Since I'm new and all. xP

The first thing I noticed about PF was the forum setup. I've been on forums for the past 11-12 years as a roleplayer, and the one thing that was universal for them that seems different here is how the posts are displayed. On PF it looks like the original post, be it an introduction or a guide from an admin/moderator, is displayed at the bottom (as the "last post") while the most recent replies stack on top.

On every other forum I've ever been on, this is reversed. The original post is displayed on top and replies stack under it. I personally find this much easier to read; the subject of the thread is right there when I open the thread up, and I can choose whether or not to scroll down to read comments. Otherwise I have to scroll down and look for the original post, and if there's more than one page I have to go to those and then scroll down some more. Most Americans and many other countries learn to read from top down, so that flow tends to naturally be easier.

Is this setup something that can't be changed? Am I the only one who finds it difficult, or is it one of those things where you just get used to? Not that I wouldn't mind seeing the post displays reversed- kind of wondering if anyone else feels the same way? xD

Comment

Re: Another new face

Welcome to PF!

Most of us here are pretty open minded. We accept all opinions, as long as we agree with them
                            [4:82]

Comment

Re: Another new face

Hullo and welcome!!!
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Re: Tiny little suggestion

You should be able to change it in your settings...

...let me re-remember how to do that, and I'll post some directions...and then I'll see if I can figure out whats up with the default settings because I could have sworn we *had* that as the default already...but it could have gotten mucked up with other tinkering and (since I'm fairly sure alot of us old timers have set up "backwards" because it helps with some of the posts that are pretty long and we've seen a zillion times) no one noticed!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X