X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings all

Good morning all!

I'm Athe, and I'm a SAHM/student living with my fiance and our daughter in Norfolk, UK. I started life as a christian, but stopped going to church when I was 18 or so. Since then I had never really thought about religion, until Lil Bit was born and I stopped work. Then I had lots of time on my hands!
    I always had an interest in astrology, tarot and spirituality from a young age, so I started looking more into those. Then, one morning I woke up with a strong image of a woodland cottage in my head, and a name firmly entrenched: Hestia.
    I investigated the name, and discovered Hestia, Greek goddess of the hearth. The more I learned, the more it seemed familiar, so I set up a small altar, and asked if she was really calling me.

Since then I ask for help/reassurance from several of the Greek goddesses, as I feel their presence. At the moment, Hestia appeared to have taken a back seat to Athena, while my OU course is ongoing.
    Sadly, currently my altar is severely lacking, since we moved in my ILs' house in October, and the house is still 60% full of their stuff!! Thus the house is cramped, disorganised and peace is nowhere to be found! I have managed this week to set up a small altar in the kitchen for Hestia, and a tiny space in my bedroom as a general altar and thankfully they don't seem to have minded waiting for their space!

I hope to pick up many ideas, and join in friendly discussions here. I know there's still a lot I have to learn, especially with regards to astrology and tarot, and I can see that this will be a great place to learn!

Athe

Comment

Re: Intro to me...

Its not quite like I'm hovering, or trying to invade his space, but its more like, "what does this color candle do?" and I get quite vague answers, when it feels like there is a lot more meaning behind it. My bf has been quite supportive, and we do meditate together, and are able to connect and communicate that way (all new to me, but I love it) I think I'm gunna get him on here to, I think he has a lot of questions too, but his pride stands in the way of asking me :P

Comment

honestly a lot of things like colors and stones and the like are pretty vague... generically.... some stones have stories behind them and backhistory, same with herbs, but descriptions are typically vague... so dont worry about it, if ya want deeper meaning, google it or ask here. off the top of anyones head though you will get the vague answers
        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Re: Greetings all

Howdy, Athe!

I'm pleased to meet you, and welcome you to the forum!
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Welcome to this place.

Comment

Welcome
              my etsy store
              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
              surrounded by plush, downy things,
              ill prepared, but willing,
              to descend."

Comment

Welcome
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

Welcome aboard!
                  [4:82]

Comment

Hello and welcome

Comment

Re: Dazed and Confused

Welcome aboard, Siloh!

It's always interesting to read about how people went through different religions until they find what they want. I've always had the same religion, so I guess I'm really boring!

Comment

Dumuzi, you are far from boring, for that. You're just knowledgeable and well-experienced!

"Perspective."

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Hi

I'm not really sure what to tell about myself...I will probably open up more once I am unmoderated and get to know people a little better...I am on the Pagan forums because I am an agnostic with leanings toward Paganism and witchcraft, both white and grey.
                          What I like most about Paganism are the "pretty things." The stones, amulets, silver pentacles, symbolism, artful Tarot cards, ornate ritual tools like Athames. Growing up in the Christian church, there was some of the "pretty things," but I always felt those things were off-limits or forbidden, and in some Christian traditions, they are...for example in the Orthodox tradition, only the priest may see the altar...I like Paganism because anyone may touch it. You may have your own altar. You can be a solitary practitioner or practice with many. I really like the aesthetic of paganism. I like the fact that there is a male god and a female goddess. I don't like the lack of a female deity in the monotheistic religions (not an attack on these religions, I just favor something that has male and female...makes much more sense to me).
                          I don't know what else to say right now. LOL.

Comment

Re: Hi

Welcome
                            my etsy store
                            My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                              Welcome aboard, Siloh!

It's always interesting to read about how people went through different religions until they find what they want. I've always had the same religion, so I guess I'm really boring!
                              Conversely, I had always had an avid fascination with those who have only kept one faith, and kept it close. I think I believe many consistent things, but no one has aptly summarized them in a religious text, so far as I know. I think it might be more convenient if they were.

Comment

Re: Hi

Welcome to PF! We're a pretty nice crowd here (at least I like to think so).
                                "Wealth is as swift | as a winking eye
                                Of friends the falsest it is."

Havamal, 74

"The wolf that lies idle | shall win little meat,
                                Or the sleeping man success."

Havamal, 58

Comment

Working...
                                X