This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Polytheist

A lot can happen in four months. I'm back and I'm different than I was. Today's my birthday. The system sent me a birthday message and I found myself wanting to check the place out again.

I changed my avatar to be this facial pic I happen to like. That it has my cat Boots in it is an added bonus. More real, more personal, more intimate - the change in avatar marks the change in my overall attitude toward many things, including this forum.

I'm scheduled to get a tattoo this morning at 11:00. My first. I'm a little nervous but my daughter got a tattoo by the same gentleman and she swears by him. I'm getting the Uruz rune on my left bicep. This won't primarily be, for me, an act of self-expression. It will be an act of magic.

I recently have been doing a magical ritual before I do my morning workouts. I'm a rune magician of one rune. Here's my ritual:

------------------
    (When saying "Uruz," make the sign of Uruz in front of your body with the fist of your dominant hand, large.)

Say: Uruz. Health.

Make quarter turn. Say: Uruz. Fitness.

Make quarter turn. Say: Uruz. Energy.

Make quarter turn. Say: Uruz. Action.

Make quarter turn. Say: Uruz. Wild beast.

Lift your eyes and both hands, open, to the apex of the sky, stretching with enough vigor to feel it in your shoulders and lower back. Inhale through your nose, and exhale through your mouth, three times.

Lower your hands and eyes. The ritual is done.
    ----------------------

My left hand is dominant. You can see how getting the Uruz rune tattooed on my left bicep magically aligns with my morning act of ritual magic. You can also see how doing my ritual before my morning workout is magically and psychically resonant.

I believe in the body and in our animal nature. Spiritually, morally, religiously, transcendently I believe in these things. I believe they're why we're here. We're here to be in the body and to be animals, together, wildly loving, lovingly wild.

I offer you my ritual as a gift. If it speaks to you, I hope you'll use it. It can only do you good. It will help make you strong.

Comment

Re: Hello Again Everyone!

Welcome back!
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

A little hello

Hello everyone.

I am so glad that I found this place! It is very difficult to find like-minded people where I live (in Denmark), so this is just great.

So hello to you all!

Comment

Re: A little hello

Welcome to the forum!
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Re: A little hello

Hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy it here.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Re: hello

Hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy it here.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Re: Hello Again Everyone!

Thank you!

Comment

Re: I'm Back!!

I'm glad to see you back. There's been a lot of bad stuff going down for a lot of people - maybe the world really will end this year...
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Hello Again

Hello everyone! My name is Jeff I am 25 and live near Philly, PA in the United states. I am not a pagan I am Christan, but I do enjoy this community. I happened to stumble upon this again when talking to my friend. I joined back in 2005ish and stuck around for a few years then when they switched and everything was erased I quit visiting the site. I plan on being more active now and enjoying some of the good reading material. I never posted much ( I had a Q&A for Christianity thread in the old forums) but theirs always something interesting here to read. I am very open with religion and know everyone has there own beliefs. I hope everyone is still as nice as they were before.

Comment

Re: Hello Again

I remember you! Welcome back
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                      surrounded by plush, downy things,
                      ill prepared, but willing,
                      to descend."

Comment

Hello and welcome back!!
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks, when did the forum reset again? Cause I had to rejoin in 2010 after being gone for a few years, but I notice some of the members join dates are back to 2005. I know it wasn't any earlier then 2003 when I had originally joined. Also why did they delete and reset everything?

Comment

Re: Polytheist

Welcome back!
                            sigpic

Comment

Re: I'm Back!!

Welcome back!
                              sigpic

Comment

Re: hey im new to pagan forum

Hello and welcome to PF!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X