X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlestar Galactica

Any fans?

I haven't seen the original series but I'm a geek for the new one.

Re: Battlestar Galactica

Same here. I've never watched the original but I'm a big fan of the remake.
    "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

The original ... Hands down ... Adama is the tantamount leader ... Stuck between his men, the safety of the fleet and the politics of the Council of 12 ... Starbuck is the token pretty boy ...
      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Big fan of the original....not so much the new one.

Comment

I just couldn't get into the original....I think the new one had a much deeper story. I guess a lot of it was also the writing....a lot of the writers on the new BSG also worked on Buffy and Firefly and a HUGE fan of the former, and just getting into the latter (it's pretty good too!)

Both series also share the same creator and I think the ideas just got developed further.
          Last edited by DanieMarie; 29 Mar 2011, 05:05.

Comment

Firefly ... Now there is a series that should have been kept ... I have the pilot and the series on dvd ...
            I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by magusjinx View Post
              Firefly ... Now there is a series that should have been kept ... I have the pilot and the series on dvd ...
              I never understood it's popularity. Firefly was always kinds 'meh' to me.

BSG was good but the story arced and changed too much. The original was a lot more consistent.

Comment

Originally posted by magusjinx View Post
                You can't take the sky from me

I love Firefly!! X
                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I like how they used chinese language to do the cursing so the censors wouldn't bleep them ...

Comment

I loved the new BSG until... well, watch it through and you'll see. The last season just kind of... falls apart.

"Starbuck was WHAT?"
                    "The illusory Six and Baltar were WHAT?!"
                    "Okay, I guessed the destination, that's cool... wait... WHAT ARE THEY DOING WITH THOSE SHIPS?!?"

"Wow, this just got preachy... more..."
                    "Wait... does any of that even make sense?"
                    Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

I love BSG - but I've only seen season 1 and 2. I really need to see the rest of it.

Mostly art.

Comment

I liked the original when it aired (I was 8 at the time), but I'm very glad they did an edgier remake now that I'm older.

I was really impressed with the way they brought Richard Hatch (orig Apollo, new Tom Zarek) into the new show. They could have really screwed that up. But they made the Hatch's new character have a real role to play instead of being a pathetic cameo or throwback.

Season 4 wasn't as good and I disliked Starbuck's end story, but they did a very good job over all IMO.
                        Last edited by Gobae; 08 Apr 2011, 10:03.
                        Re: Living History Blog
                        Ancient Celtic Clans

Comment

Working...
                        X