The Fear of Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Fear of Death

I honestly dont fear death at all, never once have either...even as a little kid when i knew nothing. Can't really explain why, never thought too deeply about it, but i don't fear death and im not really sad when others die, of course i do find it proper to say kind words about the person and respect their passing on from this realm

Comment

Reading this thread gave me a panic attack this morning. Pretty much sums up my feelings about death.
      Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

Not to worry,as long as you have your towel,and your copy of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.

DON'T PANIC!!!!

Rest in Peace Douglas Adams.....
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Even though I believe in reincarnation, I still fear death. I don't know if that makes any sense, but I do.
          Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I 'fear' death in so far as I don't want to die and find myself scared of sleep as a result (I'm not dead if I'm awake ). That said I'm not actually afraid of the concept death itself. I have a fear of dying but not of being dead I guess.
            Potius mori quam foedari!

Comment

I've never feared death, probably because I considered myself too young to concern myself with it. Then I met JP and everything changed. I am equally afraid of dying before him, and he dying before me. I haven't even been with him a year but I have never had anyone as close to what I'd imagine a 'Soul Mate' should be. When he was attacked, I knew something had happened to him but didn't know what. I imagined the worst. The events of the amazing festive season we'd spent together, played out over and over. I remembered how it was the first time he'd ever enjoyed Christmas.. our first together. I feared it was our last. I remembered the last moment I saw him.. he had tucked me into bed that morning, kissed me, told me he loved me and then left the flat. I feared that would always be my final memory of him.

In the weeks that followed, I was pretty traumatised. I kept having flashes back to those horrible thoughts, and although he was coping well with what had happened, I was frequently crying and imagining life without him. I couldn't switch it off.

As for fearing my own death.. my boyfriend had a very unhappy childhood and when we met, had experienced some very challengeing events in his life. He tells me that he's never felt as loved, secure and content as he has felt since we met. I'm scared of what would happen to him if I were to die young. That was one of the things that pushed me to stop smoking. He never had a problem with it, and even had the odd one himself, but with being 9 years older, I feel I have a duty to look after my health and be the vibrant young lady he thought was about his age when we met!

Having felt all of the above, just because of a man, I can only imagine how parents must feel. I don't think I could cope to be honest. My fear of anything bad happening to any one of us, would be too cripling and I'd be an overly protective parent, even more obsessive about her health than I am already.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I didn't think about it much until I had something of a near-death experience. I didn't think I'd be scared or nervous about dying but in all honesty I was quite shaken up about it. Though I'm not sure whether that was because I feared death or whether I didn't want to die at that moment - i.e. it felt too soon and like I hadn't got a chance to do the things I wanted to do in life.

I think people tend to fear the unknown. People just don't know for sure what happens when you die, so it's going to be scary to go into something you know absolutely nothing about. I think when I'm ready to move on, I'll probably be a little scared. But also excited about what it could bring. Death is also a massive change... arguably the biggest change you will ever experience... and people always get a little uneasy about change, whether it's a good change or a bad one.

Comment

I am alone, quite alone. I have friends, great friends, really the best friends I could ever ask for, and still, I feel alone. Alone to the point that it doesn't matter to me any more when, where or how I'd die. Since every fear can be tracked down to fear of death, I have been able to overcome many fears, except one phobia: I'm terrified of flying or jumping insects, butterflies specially.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Death is something that has kind of always been present in my thoughts. Growing up though, death was never something I was allowed to talk about or question. As I started changing in my beliefs and questioning Christianity, one of the first things I looked at was death. Because in some religions, like Christianity, it's all about what you get when you die or where you go. Everything you do in this life is for the next and I guess I kind of considered death and what happens after as the heart of Christianity.
                    I don't fear death. I am afraid of dying in pain but only because I'm afraid that I won't black out or something in time. I'm afraid that I'll die before I get to live. But death itself... seems like a release. Though I want to live and I'm not suicidal, I know that I'll die when it's my time to die. No matter how I go, it's when I'm meant to die. And knowing that kind of helps that fear of not getting to live before I die because I'll know that I did live as much as I was meant to. Also, it will be a release from this world. My essence will carry on what I've learned and experienced, but everything else will fall away and I'll be whole. Death is just another part of life, another stage, another rite every living thing goes through and it seems pointless to worry about something we can't 100% know. That's just my thoughts and feelings on the subject though

Comment

Working...
                    X