This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spiritual Jewelry?

I wish I had a piece of spiritual jewelry. The necklace I have is a pentacle in circle and I don't like to wear it because it comes with too many connotations that don't actually describe me as a believer.

But a necklace like the one Lidian or Celest posted would be perfect, because I do believe in what the pentacle represents (the cardinal directions and the heavens, the elements + spirit, etc). I'm just not a Wiccan, which is what smalltown farmsville USA thinks the pentacle is related to (and some of the people here are so thick, I think they'd probably think it was satanic).
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
      I wish I had a piece of spiritual jewelry. The necklace I have is a pentacle in circle and I don't like to wear it because it comes with too many connotations that don't actually describe me as a believer.

But a necklace like the one Lidian or Celest posted would be perfect, because I do believe in what the pentacle represents (the cardinal directions and the heavens, the elements + spirit, etc). I'm just not a Wiccan, which is what smalltown farmsville USA thinks the pentacle is related to (and some of the people here are so thick, I think they'd probably think it was satanic).

What about a necklace with the moon phases? It even represents feminine energy

AND people can't really think its anything "witchy" its just the moon, right?!
      sigpic

Comment

I wear a purple "armstrong" bracelet thingy that says "Goddess )O(" on it. When I'm in a tough spot at work or anywhere, I just look down at it and it reminds me the divine is always with me.

Comment

When I was Pagan I had one piece I really loved. I took one of those vial necklaces, very small, and went out by myself to a beautiful wooded area (a safe area of course) on the full moon and took some earth and put inside. I then sat down and just had a deep personal moment, not prayer or meditation, just thinking. I had brought a pomegranate (I was a Dianic sort, a goddess-type so I associated pomegranates with the feminie divine sort of thing at the time) and I ate it. When I was done I put three of the seeds in with the earth and wore it close to my skin, not showing.

Perhaps something that you make yourself or that you connect with a powerful moment would rekindle your connection to your beliefs?

Comment

I can normally be found with a pentacle around my neck. I think I own about 7 different pentacle necklaces. One of them I've had for 12 years now. They seem to help me remember to be thankful, kind to the earth, and etc. I think having jewelry that reminds you of your faith can help, but that also means you have to remember to wear it. lol. A friend of mine, and new member of my coven, decided to go out of her way and purchase every member a witch's knot pendant necklace. We all wear them and it gives us a reminder of our faiths and that we aren't alone. It helps us to connect to one another. Plus is doesn't look too witchy so even our closet case witches can get away with them.

Comment

Working...
            X