1/2 tsp. salt
    1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. cloves
    1/4 tsp. ginger
    1 box yellow cake mix
    2 sticks butter
    1 c. pecans
    Cool Whip
    Beat together pumpkin, milk, sugar, and eggs. Add salt, cloves, cinnamon and ginger. Mix well. Pour into 9x13x2 inch pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix evenly over top of pumpkin mixture. Melt 2 sticks butter and drizzle evenly over all. Sprinkle on nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cool. Top with Cool Whip.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Halloween Recipes, post 'em here!

The name "dump cake" is so appetizing XD

Comment

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

I made this one tonight, a nice fall mac and cheese! Thank you Rachael Ray!
          http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/harvest-moon-macaroni-recipe/index.html

Harvest Moon Macaroni

Comment

For apple cider-- along with all the spices we usually add (cinnamon, allspice, cloves.. can't remember everything else) we also add rum or brandy for the adults. It's usually really good. I'll get the full recipe that I make for family when I have my own computer and internet again (currently using school computers for internet).

For graveyard pies, cakes, etc.-- at school they always covered gummy worms with various things to make them brown (chocolate syrup, oreo + something to make it stick, even caramel once I think). But adding gummy worms to graveyard things.

One fun activity is to add food coloring and water to sugar to make a thick paste and build things out of sugar cubes. Use the paste to glue and paint the structure. Various home ec classes at school would do this throughout the year with themes like Halloween, Christmas, Valentines day. Some students got really into it, and in the end we'd have a little sugar cube village for each holiday. Trees and everything made out of sugar cubes.
            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=99.msg4000#msg4000 date=1287354632]

[/quote]

Those are flippin' creepy.

[quote author=celtic_fire link=topic=99.msg5116#msg5116 date=1287546695]

I made this one tonight, a nice fall mac and cheese! Thank you Rachael Ray!
              http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html [/url]

Harvest Moon Macaroni

[/quote]

Squash in mac and cheese? Interesting...I'll have to give that a shot.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

BUTTERSCOTCH HAYSTACK CANDY
                2 (6 oz.) pkg. butterscotch morsels
                1 (6 1/2 oz.) can peanuts
                1 (5 oz.) can chow mein noodles
                Melt morsels in double boiler. Stir in peanuts and noodles. Spoon onto wax paper and cool. Makes about 2-2 1/2 dozen pieces.

SO GOOD! Also very easy. A good "Let Me Help" recipe for little ones. Making them tonight...with almonds! mmmmmmmm
                If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.
                --Douglas Adams (RIP)

http://corvuscorvidae.tumblr.com/ My Bloggerriffic Blogtastic Blo

Comment

Not sure if this classifies as Halloween-y, but here ya go!

http://recipes.health.com/recipes/10...-hot-chocolate

Comment

Also, does anyone have any recipes for Soul Cakes? Or make them at all?

Comment

[quote author=Sparrowings link=topic=99.msg9791#msg9791 date=1288828886]
                      Also, does anyone have any recipes for Soul Cakes? Or make them at all?
                      [/quote]

I do! Click the link to my blog in my sig line...the most recent post is about Dia de Los Muertos, and includes a link to a recipe for soul cakes.
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                      X