• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite Quotes

"Thou shalt not disfigure the soul." - Frank Herbert

Comment

"I must not fear.Fear is the mind-killer.Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me.And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain.- The Litany Against Fear, Frank Herbert, Dune

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage-Lao Tzu
      Love is the law, love under will. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.-Aleister Crowley
      The Holy One loves us with the same love with which we love love each other but raised to the power of divinity. It is older than law, older than reason.-Victor H. Anderson
      The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances-Gautama Buddha

You grieve for those beyond grief, and you speak words of insight; but learned men do not grieve for the dead or the living. Never have I not existed,nor you, nor these kings;and never in the future shall we cease to be.Just as the embodied self enters childhood, youth, and old age, so does it enter another body; this does not confound a steadfast man. Contacts with matter make us feel heat and cold, pleasure and pain. Arjuna, you must learn to endure fleeting things—they come and go! When these cannot torment a man, when suffering and joy are equal for him and he has courage, he is fit for immortality. Nothing of nonbeing comes to be, nor does being cease to exist; the boundary between these two is seen by men who see reality. Indestructible is the presence that pervades all this; no one can destroy this unchanging reality. Our bodies are known to end, but the embodied self is enduring, indestructible, and immeasurable; therefore, Arjuna, fight the battle! He who thinks this self a killer and he who thinks it killed, both fail to understand; it neither kills, nor is it killed. It is not born, it does not die; having been, it will never not be; unborn, enduring,constant, and primordial,it is not killed when the body is killed.- The Baghavad Gita ( I don't believe in reincarnation, but other parts of this quote speak to me)

Comment

To be "matter of fact" about the world is to blunder into fantasy.... and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful.-- Lazarus Long, Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

"I believe there's a power greater than men, a power that heals." - Shepherd Book from Firefly

Yes. I am laaaame.

Actually, this is where my service dog prospect is getting his registered name and his name from. His registered name is going to be Princetin's "A Power That Heals" and his call name is going to be Shepherd. I am a Firefly fanatic. Book is one of my favorite characters. Right up there with Wash. Don't judge. You know it's awesome.
          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Four things greater than all things are:
            Women and Horses and Power and War.

- Rudyard Kipling
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
              Four things greater than all things are:
              Women and Horses and Power and War.

- Rudyard Kipling
              Ahahahaha!

I love this one! This is fantastic! How did I not know about this? You win the internet today. The end. Favorite quote of the thread so far.
              It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
              -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Favorite Quote?

What's your favorite quote? I'd like to hear them,please
                Mine is: "Everybody Dies But Not Everybody Lives"
                "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Re: Favorite Quote?

There is already a thread for this.

White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                  sigpic
                  In Days of yore,
                  From Britain's shore
                  Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                  And planted firm Britannia's flag
                  On Canada's fair domain.
                  Here may it wave,
                  Our boast, our pride
                  And joined in love together,
                  The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                  The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

oops. well....nobody ever answer this one. i apologize 2 who ever the other one belonged to.
                    "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

It's not a problem Quinn, I'll just merge the threads when I get to a computer (I'm not running a thread merge off my phone).
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

"Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - My "Gramps," Harvey Davis

- - - Updated - - -

"Life is full of opportunities to suck it up and deal with it." - Zach Pinkerton (my brother)
                        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

My favorite quotes are:
                          Tis better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken
                          An original is always worth more than a copy
                          I think there is a theme there

Comment

"Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."
                            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

"Can a man still be brave if he is afraid?"
                              "That is the only time he can be brave."-
                              An exchange between Eddard Stark and his son on the nature of bravery, A Game of Thrones, George R.R. Martin
                              Last edited by Riothamus12; 29 Sep 2013, 15:46.

Comment

"Look up to the sky. You'll never find rainbows if you're looking down." ~ Charlie Chaplin

Comment

Working...
                                X