This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favourite Quotes

"A billion light years from where humanity first began, and we walk into a bar full of men drooling over half naked dancing girls. I'm not sure if that's funny or sad." Ashley Williams, Mass Effect.
    Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

Sorry it is a long one... but kind of amazing. John Cusack says it but I can not remember the movie.

"Right now, you and me here, put together entirely of atoms, sitting on this round rock with a core of liquid iron, held down by this force that seems to trouble you, called gravity, all the while spinning around the sun at 67,000 miles an hour and whizzing through the milky-way at 600,000 miles an hour in a universe that very well may be chasing its own tail at the speed of light; And amidst all this frantic activity, fully cognizant of our own eminent demise - which is our own pretty way of saying we all know we're gonna die - We reach out to one another. Sometimes for the sake of entity, sometimes for reasons you're not old enough to understand yet, but a lot of the time we just reach out and expect nothing in return. Isn't that strange? Isn't that weird? Isn't that weird enough?"
      sigpic

Comment

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan
        "Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge." - Carl Sagan
        "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
        "Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right." -Isaac Asimov
        "People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov
        "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

"It is not when truth is dirty, but when it is shallow, that the lover of knowledge is reluctant to step into its waters"
          ~Nietzsche

"Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations, and ages it is the rule."
          ~Nietzsche

"Morality is the herd-instinct in the individual."
          ~Nietzshe

"Written words, Captured thoughts"
          ~(my grandfather)

Comment

there is a thin line between an artist and a maniac

<author: I cant remember it! damn! I'll go nuts!>
            sigpic

Comment

"I sometimes think that God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated His ability" Oscar Wilde.
              Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

"You're the biggest disappointed since the crucifixion." Foamy

"Somewhere up there Benny is partying with the big man. Or chasing a broad with cans as big as her halo." Swank, Fallout New Vegas.
                Cogito ergo sum.

Comment

"My dear partner, when what's left of you gets around to what's left to be gotten, what's left to be gotten won't be worth getting whatever it is you've got left." - Danny Kaye as Phil Davis in "White Christmas"
                  No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

"I sometimes believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll.

Mostly art.

Comment

A friend, who I'm sure wouldn't want his name posted, when asked "how are you?" would always reply "I'm finer than frog hair split three ways." It always made me laugh.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

"Am I killing them because I hate them or because I don't share their space-goblin values?"
                          - Janitor on Scrubs
                          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

just my siggy:
                            "I wish I could be more moderate in my desires, but I cannot, and so there is no rest." -John Muir

Comment

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJO_EXrHOFs[/youtube]
                              and the original version...
                              [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQl0pjMULxU[/youtube]
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

"That boy's about as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal." Foghorn Leghorn.
                                Cogito ergo sum.

Comment

Working...
                                X