Yoko is great!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoko is great!

I really like Yoko Ono. I follow her on Twitter (yes, she's on Twitter), and she has some great posts. I loved todays:
    "Write down everything you fear in life. Burn it. Pour herbal oil with a sweet scent on the ashes."

Don't know if it's from one of her works (a lot are) but I love that.
    Last edited by DanieMarie; 24 Jul 2011, 00:58.

Re: Yoko is great!

Who?

/10doesn'tknows
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Yoko Ono? John Lennon's widow and conceptual artist?

I guess because everyone I know loves the Beatles "Yoko" only refers to one person and I'm used to just saying "Yoko."

Comment

I had no idea she tweeted.

/goes to add her.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Meh. I don't really like the Beatle's. They have a few songs I like, but that's about it. Most of the remakes I've heard appeal to me more.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Meh I don't know that you have to like the Beatles to appreciate her work. In fact, it's probably better if you don't because quite a few Beatles fans still feel she broke up the band (I'm convinced she didn't though....I think they just grew apart). Her work is a little "out there" and I'm not usually a fan of conceptual art but I like her stuff...maybe because she was one of the originals.

Comment

Working...
            X