This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Was I brainwashed into a cult?

Thal is an admin for the site. If you're dumb enough to play games when she switches to red text then no one will mourn if she bans you.
    Last edited by MaskedOne; 01 Aug 2011, 03:32.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Actually, at 13 you're no longer a child in the US :P A minor, but not a child and therefore eligible to sign up on forums without parental consent.

Unless you're younger, but that usually doesn't end well to use that argument. Children get eaten whilst served as a basket combo with fries and a 64 oz soda.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
        Only if you supply us with photos of little, fuzzy kittens and shiny buttons.
        I see you like cats...

I'll see what I can do about the photos

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Actually, at 13 you're no longer a child in the US :P A minor, but not a child and therefore eligible to sign up on forums without parental consent.

Unless you're younger, but that usually doesn't end well to use that argument. Children get eaten whilst served as a basket combo with fries and a 64 oz soda.
        I live in australia, and i am 13, but i am considered a minor

sooo... minor abuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
        Thal is an admin for the site. If you're dumb enough to play games when she switches to red text then no one will mourn if she bans you.
        I just find that what Thal said is abusive!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You also seem to think that I was joking. I'm not entirely sure why.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
            You also seem to think that I was joking. I'm not entirely sure why.
            I don't think you were joking. I'm just the kind of kid that does'nt give a s**t!!!!

My step father used to beat my mother. I've been different since then...

I TAKE NOOO ABUSE... AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My old step father abused my brother and me aswell

Comment

Originally posted by small-fry666 View Post
              I don't think you were joking. I'm just the kind of kid that does'nt give a s**t!!!!

Ok, either you are very much a troll now or you need to be sat in the corner until you calm down.

Either way, I'm exiting this conversation because it's no longer one.
              my etsy store
              My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
              surrounded by plush, downy things,
              ill prepared, but willing,
              to descend."

Comment

Post removed.

Move along.

Comment

Ok, either you are very much a troll now or you need to be sat in the corner until you calm down.

Either way, I'm exiting this conversation because it's no longer one.
                  I don't need to calm down. I don't listen to anyone, not even my own mother. Even if it was the US president, i would'nt listen

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Ok. Thread closed. How do you deleta a thread?

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I think I'll use http://www.wicca.com/forums/

Comment

Then you don't belong in an interactive community, you lack the maturity.

And my father was an abusive alcoholic and I was raped as a teenager--I don't use those as an excuse for my actions, decisions and how I express myself. Quite a few of our members have shitty pasts, trying to use them as an excuse for bad behavior doesn't fly here.

Taking this at face value, rather than dismissing it as troll (which I am inclined to believe), you have one more chance to follow my previous directive (which you amusingly found "abusive"--if you honestly thought that was "abusive", this is probably not the forum for you, as you lack the reading comprehension and maturity level to interact with most of our members) before myself of another mod or admin bust out the banstick.

And, just an FYI, we don't intentionally delete threads.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                      Then you don't belong in an interactive community, you lack the maturity.

And my father was an abusive alcoholic and I was raped as a teenager--I don't use those as an excuse for my actions, decisions and how I express myself. Quite a few of our members have shitty pasts, trying to use them as an excuse for bad behavior doesn't fly here.

Taking this at face value, rather than dismissing it as troll (which I am inclined to believe), you have one more chance to follow my previous directive (which you amusingly found "abusive"--if you honestly thought that was "abusive", this is probably not the forum for you, as you lack the reading comprehension and maturity level to interact with most of our members) before myself of another mod or admin bust out the banstick.

And, just an FYI, we don't intentionally delete threads.
                      And I am sorry for your past, really, i am. But I still dont care about some "Banstick". I come from a harsh place. where people are bashed and murdered for drug money. People put wooden boards and bars over their windows. I was hanging out with the wrong people, and I did MANY things I regret. Thats probably why i "Am not mature". Violence has been engraved in me. I now am EXTREMLY hostile towards others, my "being a troll" is not my fault. I got with drug dealers and alcoholics. It was either, beat someone half to death, or get beaten half to death. Theropy does'nt work, its one big scam. I beat my brother every day. This I literally CANNOT help. I've been through ALOT of violence...

Comment

That's still not an excuse, I'm sad to say. Lose the attitude both here and in real life, kid. It's not going to help you at all and will just lead you to the deep end.
                        Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

I was baptized as an Anglican when I was 10. I never was de-baptized...I just stopped going to church and stopped believing in Jesus (was kind of helpful that my family got over their Christian phase as well and my mom felt that sleeping in on Sundays was a better use of Sundays than going to church lol).

If you really need something to say that you're not part of that anymore, then do it for yourself. But at the end of the day, you either believe something or you don't.

Comment

my "being a troll" is not my fault.
                            You're right. It isn't your fault. It's your choice. And, in case you haven't been able to deduce, it's a bad choice.

You are not entitled to immunity just because of your claim about exposure to abusive people. If you can't be civil, in a social situation, you have no reason to be here. And, as such, are more than welcome to GTFO.

Your immaturity will only stand as a magnet for the REAL trolls that we have around here. That also, by the way, know how to behave properly.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

People who don't give a s*** often end up intellectually and spiritually constipated.

Think of this forum as a home and family. Many of us get on really well together. Some don't. Some are a little wary - very much the same as you are with real family. That wariness could be through respect, fear or even because we're convinced the other person is completely out to lunch. But we do not beat each other up - physically or metaphorically - although there can be some very robust debates here.

And we do not storm in shouting, swearing and trying the old 'I'm harder than you are' routine. Because it doesn't work.

Remember - you know nothing about us. You know nothing of our history, our experiences, our beliefs. And until you do, cariad, the best thing for you is to pipe down a bit. Get to know us. If you want to learn then fine, ask questions. If you feel uneasy then use the pm system (which I know you have done already). If you want to join in on the forums then fine, but judge what you do and say first. The important thing about the forum is not to wade in and talk, but to listen first.

So I would strongly suggest you just step back, take a deep breath and give it another try.
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

This I literally CANNOT help. I've been through ALOT of violence...
                                Keep it up. You're gonna see a lot more.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X