This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Postmortem Suffering?

I think that the idea of an afterlife which includes a grand judgement is often used to control and retard the behavior and intellectual growth of the masses or of a specific sect of society.

Most churches of today, use it in a feel good way. i.e. We are right, they are wrong; sweets for us, bitters for them. Can I get an amen? Quite joyfully telling those with a different way of thinking about how much they will suffer in hell, often said with vigor and aplomb. It is the ultimate threat because no one can truly dispel it until they are incapable of sharing the information.

I have decided that I refuse to be bound by a noose that in not only invisible but baseless. There is a lot more to feel and experience in my life than can fit in one rant about hell and purgatory and I will focus on that.
    Giving is its own reward.

Comment

Re: Postmortem Suffering?

I look at it from a semi-scientific pov. All evidence points to the universe being an excellent recycler, which is why I believe that our spiritual energy moves on to another form when we pass on. Any near-death experience I've ever heard of has consisted of feelings of peace and serenity, and whenever someone has a life-threatening injury, the body produces chemicals that reduce feelings of pain. So, my conclusion is that our bodies are designed to ease our passing and that any suffering we experience after this life before moving on to the next would only result from our own regrets that we hold on to.

Comment

Working...
      X