Reading the Bible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reading the Bible

Ooo...I have some quotes I'd like to throw your way from Brigham Young, if you're interested. Not traditional Christianity, and rather inflammatory to modern ears, but it touches on the concept of the "curse of Cain" in a very interesting way.
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

What version of the bible are you reading from?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
        What version of the bible are you reading from?

Oh I was actually curious about this too! I have a copy floating around from my southern Baptist days *shivers* but if I can find it, I was thinking of reading along with FW.
        It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
        -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

The "New International Version". Its the Episcopalian version. It was my Mum's and is rather old now. First published in the 1970s.

But it still works the same.

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
          Ooo...I have some quotes I'd like to throw your way from Brigham Young, if you're interested. Not traditional Christianity, and rather inflammatory to modern ears, but it touches on the concept of the "curse of Cain" in a very interesting way.
          Definitely interested! I'm currently reading about the different explainations and I fear my next video won't be up for another week-two weeks if I am to get as in-depth as I would like. It's fascinating this Oh and Thal? Thanks for the link it's fascinating X
          Last edited by FantasyWitch; 23 Sep 2011, 08:24.
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I am enjoying your videos.

Just wanted to say that I loved your analogy about the tree in the Garden of Eden. "YOU CANNOT EAT THAT TUNA!!!!! . . . but here's tuna right here!" LOLOL.

Comment

Your videos are very entertaining. Your "'In the Beginning'" video totally reminded me of this:

Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
              -Erik Erikson

Comment

FW I am really enjoying your youtube videos and already learning a lot from this thread. I have never read the bible but I think you've just inspired me to give it a go.
                http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by shadow cat View Post
                  I am enjoying your videos.

Just wanted to say that I loved your analogy about the tree in the Garden of Eden. "YOU CANNOT EAT THAT TUNA!!!!! . . . but here's tuna right here!" LOLOL.
                  Lol, it was really off the cuff, Im glad the analogy worked for you though lol.

And thanks everyone for the support so far! Its been so great to have a good response from you all
                  X

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                  Your videos are very entertaining. Your "'In the Beginning'" video totally reminded me of this:

THAT ^ is awesome :P x
                  Last edited by FantasyWitch; 25 Sep 2011, 09:26.
                  "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

Can I have a link to your channel, please? I can't seem to find it......

Comment

If I am learning, then so are you! Ignorance is disgusting! Get a grip, sit up and pay attention! x

That's it ^ x

Comment

Thank you very much. I really enjoyed those. It's helping me a lot- I have a little bit of a blind spot when it comes to inconsistencies in the Bible. This is definitely bringing those into focus for me. Keep it up!

Comment

Just putting up a video on mrs cain tonight.

X

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Remind me when you get to Noah and the Curse of Ham, and I'll pull up part of Winthrop Jordan's The Whiteman's Burden (its the short version of his difinitive text on the history of slavery--all 600+ pages)...and you can talk about how it was used to justify slavery...

(my term paper last semester was on the religious and scientific "theories" of race--since the two weren't as separate in the 1800's--and how they contributed to slavery)
                            Hey. I have just reached Noah and I am going to be doing a series of 4 videos on it.

Wondering if anyone has anything I might be interested in. It's such a vast topic I'm feeling a bit out of my depth on it, so I've given myself 4 videos to cover it all. It's such a long part of Genesis and covers so much that I want to get it right and cover as much as possible. X

Comment

Working...
                            X