Re: Hello!

Welcome.

Comment

Re: Just popping in to say hello!

Welcome.

Comment

Re: Just popping in to say hello!

Hello, and welcome to the Forum!
        "Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths."
        -Muhammad Ali

Comment

Hi everyone

Hey guys. I just joined the site, so I'm posting here to introduce myself. Reverence for the earth and natural energies is a big part of my life, rivaling and often mixing with music, the other largest part. I think this will be a good place for me to share my own practices and beliefs and encounter the ones held by others, which is always a valuable thing. So, um, that's it I guess!

Comment

Greetings Guys and Gals!

Hello! My name is Tom, and I'm a Psychic Medium who has serviced over 300 clients. I've since retired to further my spirituality, and I turned to Wicca. I was drawn, almost magnetically, to a book called "The Inner Temple of Witchcraft" by Christopher Penzak, and I have "Wicca: A guide for the solitary practitioner" by Scott Cunningham on order as we speak! heh. I have "to ride the silver broomstick" by Silver RavenWolf too... but I think I'll save that one for later because I've heard mixed reviews, though i don't dislike anyone who digs her.

I've been so drawn to this culture. It really feels like home. That's a feeling I got when i went to a local pagan pride festival years before i even thought about Wicca/Witchcraft. Like, I was home.

I'm just starting out, i've only been at it for about 4 months and have just acquired an altar. heh. Now all i need is a cloth for it. Right now i'm dealing in energy work, and as I do so, and do so with the elements of Earth, Air, and Water (I live close to a large lake), I find that the energy I get from these elements bring me such peace and a feeling of bliss when I interact with them.

I did a formal intention ritual with The Goddess and God a couple weeks ago, so I'm commit. Yes, I'm a solitary at this point. I hope that doesn't offend anyone...

I find that the bliss that was only achieved during meditation, I can now bring into me from the earth, the air, and essecially the water. The earth too. A wise man once said a smart man/woman breathes through their feet... I went on an earth walk the other day, just so lovely. I came home today and had so much energy, I had to walk it off haha. Its an interesting new phenomena.

Anyway that's where i'm at in my practice, now a little about me.

I'm Tom. I have a couple of goals in my life. The first is to find real happiness, the kind that doesn't come from money. The second is to become closer to the divine while i'm still on this plain of existence and have open communicaton with other worldly beings. The third, and as important to me as the first, is to help others. Help them heal, just help.

I was doing an exercise with energy the other day, making a ball with my hands... I could feel it and see it. It was so awesome!

Sorry, haha. I'm just really excited about the path i've taken, and really excited to meet all of you! So, tell me about yourselves! (if you want to lol.)

Blessed Be,

-Tom

Comment

Hi! Im new here, obviously.

So, I recently joined this site hoping to meet other pagans. I here up in a Pagan house hold, as Well as a Christian house hold. It's been tough. But all of my life, I have been Pagan. One of my many reasons for coming here is to meet others and learn more about their practices and beliefs, and share my knowledge. I am originally from Ireland, but subvention parents divorce, have lived in Maryland. Though one day I hope to return to my home land, and see my family.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, auto correct is never my friend.

Comment

Re: Hi! Im new here, obviously.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Re: Greetings Guys and Gals!

Welcome.

Comment

Hey Tom!

RAWR

Maybe you could tell us how you were meditating when you played with the ball of energy: did you use anything like yoga or qi gong to help you?
                      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Thanks. So far, everyone seems great.

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

I think a lot of us came from Christian homes, so you'll find a lot of support and experience with people who have been in your situation too.

Welcome to the boards, PJ. My roommate's name is PJ too, what a coincidence!
                            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                              Hey Tom!

RAWR

Maybe you could tell us how you were meditating when you played with the ball of energy: did you use anything like yoga or qi gong to help you?
                              Nope, I was simply following the instructions on the energy lesson provided by "The Inner Temple of Witchcraft". I tried it and it just clicked for me. No real idea where the energy was coming from, I assume it was from myself. It's a year and a day course, so I'm basically following this book and learning a few new skills, while re-visiting some older ones.

As for how I was meditating... I've been meditating for years, so I'm at a place where I can close my eyes, breathe deeply and slowly, and I'll begin to feel the grace and blissfull feeling, and a feeling like i'm being taken somewhere special inside. It's beautiful and hard to describe.

I guess I'm lucky. I've come into this with some knowledge and some ability, but i've never had any direction with any ability i've discovered. Meditation of course has direction, but with my psychic mediumship, I didn't exactly know where I was going with it, how to release any energys picked up during a reading I gave... so it's like Wicca and Witchcraft are filling in the blanks of something I've sort of been doing all along.

Comment

Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome to the boards!
                                My Tumblr
                                My Webcomic
                                My Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X