This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi Guys!

Welcome to the forums ! This is a very nice place, and there are plenty of people here to chat with about anything spiritual, and I look forward to chatting with you.

Congrats on your future marriage ^_^!
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Hey, welcome to the boards
      My Tumblr
      My Webcomic
      My Twitter

Comment

Re: Introduction

Thank you Malflick! I do like this forum already. It's very friendly.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Re: New wiccan

Welcome.

Comment

Re: Hello

Welcome.

Comment

Re: Greetings

Sadly I am not part of a organization but I am looking for one. What draws me to it is the connection with nature and many people see that as a connection with the trees and lants, but it is really so much more, there is a connection with animals and the spirits. I use to practice wicca, but it never felt truely right. Also I have celtic heritage, but when it all boils down it's something deep in me that pulls me to the path something I cannot explain. If you would like to talk more about the subject just shoot me a PM.

Comment

Welcome to the Forums!

Comment

welcome. also did you try ADF or OBOD?
                    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Hi there~

Hi! I'm Unlogisch and I'm new, clearly. Up until very recently I've been snuggled up, all cozy, in a blanket of stubborn atheism and doing my very best to ignore the spiritual side of myself and, as I'm sure you've already guessed, that's gone over with that part of me like a ton of bricks.

Perhaps a little explanation is in order as, I'm sure, you're probably yelling something on the order of "Why would you do that to yourself?! D:" at your computer right now.

I have always prided myself on being a logical and empirically minded person. I am a mathematician, I'll even have a piece of paper saying so in the not-too-distant future, and so I have always had some difficulty accepting the presence of the inexplicable in my life. However, I have recently moved from a relatively small coastal community in Northern California to the bustling metropolis that is Los Angeles and I've started to notice something missing.

It finally dawned on me that what was, and still is, missing is the feeling of a connection with nature. In retrospect, I understand now that, back home, I was never farther than a half-hour's walk to a part of the world still mostly untamed by humans. I feel as though the wilds knew me, as if the Earth itself saw me and protected me wherever I went but, now, that connection is strained by the "perfectly" manicured, choked, environment of the city.

In reaction, I've started to give real consideration to taking better care of my spiritual self and, hence, I found my way here in an effort to connect with others who might understand how I'm feeling.

And now for some random things about me.

I'm an early-twenty-something gay guy, my personal philosophy is one of humorism-absurdism (translation: "everything is absurd so I might as well laugh at it"), and I spend my free time playing music, writing, drawing, and reading about topological quantum field theory, operads, homotopy theory, and a whole host of other incredibly abstruse topics. I've got a pretty wicked sense of humor and I do bite but don't let that scare you off: I'm also gentle and kind and cute things make me squee.

So, yeah, that's me in a nutshell. Hi~

Comment

Re: Hi there~

Welcome to the boards! I hope you find them as helpful and welcoming as I have
                        My Tumblr
                        My Webcomic
                        My Twitter

Comment

Thanks! :3

Comment

Welcome! Well, you're searching, and this is a good place for that. I hope you find what you're looking for !

Comment

Merry meet and welcome!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Unlog!

Comment

Working...
                                X