• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello! Excited to be here and eager to learn

Hello and welcome
    [4:82]

Comment

Re: Eyes Wide Open

I missed your coming here and welcoming you back in May... I am sorry, Well, Happy late welcome... or something
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Howdy!

Welcome to the forum love! I am excited to hear what you've got to say!

Comment

Welcome to the Page

Comment

Journey into paganism

Hello everyone! I started my journey last year - not experienced enough to call myself a full pagan yet, but i'm in training! I believe there can never be too much to learn, and i'm always researching more. I'm an aspiring herbalist; and when I move to the greener side of upstate New York, I plan on practicing more regularly and making a herb garden to supply fellow herbal witches! for my rituals lately I've been including quartz, sea salt, and clovers to signify new beginnings, prosperity, and peace for my family/friends especially for my big move. So tell me about yourselves, i'm always curious and open eared to learn new things.

Comment

Re: Journey into paganism

Welcome to the forums Moonchild ! I hope you like it here. I'm from far off Northern Indiana. Good luck on the move!
                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Moonchild!

Comment

Blessed to be among You All.

Perhaps better known for my Writing, it is true that I do enjoy visiting the different Social Networks and Spiritual Booards available on the Internet. Sometimes it will be a flying visit, sometimes I have developped friendships and have remained for many years. I am blessed to have met many wonderful characters from all walks of life, over the past 17 years, on my path, which I still tread. I have learned so much and I am still learning.

Every one of the people I have met has taught me things about both myself and the journey I am on, as has Life taught me much through experience, in lesson. It is fair to say that I have encountered some difficulties along the way, be they Health related or otherwise. I have been granted the strength to overcome many of these, and some I am still overcoming. We all have things in Our personal lives which have affected us, and it is only through Our own strength, willingness to overcome and face Our diffuclties, alonside the support of Our friends that we are able to move on or Heal.

The days of 'yesterday' many have been filled with adversity, anxiety, or darkness, but it is in Our actions in the present time, which will dictate Our tomorrow. May we therefore learn Our lessons, Heal Ourselves and turn the page to a new day, and set Our demons to rest, that we may be stronger, wiser, and freer of Ourselves.It is Ourselves that we must learn to KNow and to Heal, before we are able to efficiently Heal and Know another.

I look forward to seeing you about the board,
                    Be Blessed.
                    Kath.

Comment

New Here!

I just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Chrystal. I am 34 and the mother of two happy healthy boys and one "spirit child" my daughter who passed from cancer almost 4 years ago, but is still with us in spirit! Hence the screen name; I know she is still with us in that sense because I feel her and hear her laughter. No I am not crazy just intuned to that dimension I guess. I have been Pagan for many years but just now really "coming out" to family and friends! Who to my surprise and astonishment have accepted it and just said ok! But just wanted to do the intro thing and get to know some of you on here! Oh I am in texas!

Comment

Hey there Moonchild nice to meet you! all the way down in Texas here!

Comment

Re: New Here!

Welcome Chrystal.

It is difficult when a Loved one passes over of course, but they are never truly gone, as you know. They are just altered in form, yet very much part of Our lives.

You hear you Daughters laughter and feel her presence because you share a connection-a Mother's bond is never broken, and though you cannot "see" her with your eyes, or in the form that once she was, she is part of You, part of Your world still, and always will she be.

You have a gift- to know, to feel, and use your senses beyond the boundary of what science dictates, and while many endeavour to find this skill and seek it out, not many will. It is valuable, and it is real, treasure it, develop it and be Blessed!

Kath.

Comment

Welcome Moonchild. It is lovely to meet you. I look forward to seeing you around the board, and wish you luck in your Herbal Journey.

Be blessed,
                            Kath.

Comment

Finding myself at last..

My journey started when I was trying to find out where my ancestors come from. I always thought that I was one hundred percent English until I began researching my family tree. I came to a lot of dead ends until I had my DNA tested. I am not sure how many of you have ever done this but it is very confusing at first when you see the results. I won't bore you with details but basically the first results were a bit odd. I downloaded my raw data and sent it to a well known retired professor who ran my data through his software. That is when I found out that I am in fact French AND English. That made a lot of sense to me as other specific admixture calculators told me the same thing. Now what does this have to do with my spiritual journey?

Not everyone cares about heritage, bloodlines, or ancestral pride. I certainly do. I had long abandoned the Christian religion but I have also abandoned my "crusade" against it. I found a place in my life where I could think. My early days as a Pagan were in the Asatru religion, or at least my own personal denomination of it. Upon finding out that I am French I did some research on the Franks and found that the Frankish pantheon resonates more with me. I respect also the Celts who lived in Gaul long ago. I am connected to that land by blood and feel that the spirits of long dead men watch me. They may have been waiting for me to swear my sword to the Frankish gods for a long time. Essentially the Frankish gods are the same as the Norse gods. It was mostly the culture of my beliefs that have changed. The names of the Frankish deities are of course in a different language but you can tell that Odin, Tyr, Thor, Freyr, and Freya at the very least are the central deities in Frankish Paganism. They are spelled respectively as Wuotan, Zio, Donar, Yngvi, and Freia. There are certain customs that are different, the holidays are on different days it would seem as well. The gods are also worshiped in specific sacred grounds. There is, in addition to the gods I mentioned, an "All Father" who is completely omnipotent. The Norse equated Odin to being the All Father but it seems the the Franks did not. It seems that there is an otherwise nameless deity who controls destiny. He may be the "Frankish Norns" for the lack of a better comparison. The Franks are simply one of several different groups that settled France. Mediterranean and Celtic groups of people also make up the ancestry of the French. It is a very diverse land and I am proud to be descended from it. Whether any of you share my particular heritage or not I hope that you found this information useful.

Comment

Hi There!

Hi there! Some of you might or might not know me from other forums. I'll go ahead and introduce myself.

I'm usually known as Meadowstar on nearly every forum I join. I've been a Wiccan for all 14 years of my life.

I LOVE writing, so expect a few poems out of me. I also love nature, and I've always had an obsession with animals. Lately, I've been REALLY interested in Metaphysics, and I'd love to learn more about it!

I also love listening to music every day- Especially to Pagan bands such as Velvet Hammer/Dreamtrybe.

I look forward to being a part of this community!

Comment

Working...
                                X