X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Archimedes

Welcome to the forums Archimedes! I hope you like it here
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Hello all

I think it's obligatory for me to state at this point that I don't like introduction threads, and I'm never sure what to say.

So, I'll stick to the basics. I'm a late-20s something male, currently living in London and working in education. Spiritually speaking, my path is Discordian...if you consider that Pagan or not. It's debateable, but I'm not fussed either way. Essentially, it's near the end of the school year and, boarding duties aside, I have little to do except hang out online. I can only stand twitter and Facebook for so long before the urge to express myself in over 140 characters grips me...so, here I am.

Hi.

Comment

Hello all

Hmm, I'm not sure what just happened here. I made my introduction post, then was told I would have to wait for it to be approved. Yet, I posted in another thread, and that showed up just fine.

So I'll introduce myself again. Hopefully this time it will be a visible topic.

I actually don't do introductions well, as a rule. But since this forum is here...well, I'm in my late 20s, and currently living in London. As you can no doubt see from my profile, I identify as a Discordian. Some of you may not consider that a Pagan path, I don't know...it's a discussion that can be had later, if you really want. I work in education, and, as things are slowing down this time of year, but I'm not quite on holiday yet, I need something to do with my free time. So, I figure chatting with people here might be interesting and distracting.

I think that's all I've got to say, for now.

Comment

Re: Hello all

Welcome to the forums Cotillion! I know nothing of Discordian-ism, but you're welcome to enrich my brain with knowledge about it .

Anyways, regardless of what that falls under, you're welcome here. I'm not even Pagan at all by practically the definition of the term and they still let me kick around here . I hope you enjoy this place, and we are sufficiently distracting and entertaining.

Comment

Am I guessing correctly that you read Stephen Erikson?
            My Tumblr
            My Webcomic
            My Twitter

Comment

(oh, and don't worry about your thread disappearing, new folk here often run into problems with the post filter. Once you get 15 posts though it goes away, promise. Its a weird quirk of the website.)

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Uh, hey.

Hi all. I'm new to Paganism, very inexperienced, but eager to learn more.
                  Having said that last bit, I've never actually met a pagan, and I've only
                  recently gotten internet access, so I've mostly been relying on what books
                  I can find and forging my own rules and beliefs. I'll tell more, if anyone has
                  a question.

But, now I'm here, so hopefully I can expand my own thoughts by hearing
                  your experiences. Plus, y'know, chatting is fun
                  Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Re: Uh, hey.

Welcome to the forums Quetzal !

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

[4:82]

Comment

Hello and welcome!
                          [4:82]

Comment

Uh, hey to you too

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                              (oh, and don't worry about your thread disappearing, new folk here often run into problems with the post filter. Once you get 15 posts though it goes away, promise. Its a weird quirk of the website.)
                              Pretty much this^.

I'm going to specify though that the 15 posts can't be inside the intro section or the lols and games section. Post count is checked by a couple different features of the site and it's too easy to pad one's post count in those areas so the site currently doesn't actually add them to your count. Past that, I freed you original intro earlier today and since you've got two, I've merged them together. If you run into any more modded posts between now and getting past the filter's overzealous welcoming system and the post isn't freed with in a few hours PM a staff member. We can see modded posts and freeing them is a quick process.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Howdy!

Welcome to the forum love, I hope you enjoy it here!

Comment

Working...
                                X