X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi

welcome to the forums Mikeee!
    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Re: A bit of an intro I suppose

rarely come on here. and a bit late. but welcome.
      Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Good With Kethup.

Comment

Hello

Hi, my name is Amber and I'm a very new Wiccan. I converted just after the beginning of the year.

Comment

Re: Hello

Welcome to the forums Eclipse! I hope you like it here !

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
            Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Thanks. So far everyone has been really helpful.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to our family. I hope you find us supportive and informative.
                  They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                  Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                  -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Hello & Intro, Searching for Insight & Advice

Hello to everyone!

I have an interesting spiritual journey, and I'm still on a search for insight and advice from fellow travelers, so after reading a bit on this forum I registered!

Basically, I had a non-religious background. I lived (and still do) in the South in a rural area, and I was just taught a mixture of beliefs from my mother with no formal religious education, and not all of the beliefs were specifically Christian, and we even said a Catholic prayer, though we weren't Catholics. Later on I was exposed to more militant forms of Christianity and had a bad experience with that. I've pretty much always been religious, but not ever exactly "orthodox," and it has been that way since I was a child.

I would say I'm a panentheist and have been for years, since I was a young teenager. I have had spiritual experiences, and they seem Christian, but they seem to go beyond just a single religion.

So here's where I am today...when I got older I was baptized as an Episcopalian, and that's what I still am, but the Episcopal Church is so eclectic these days that I never stopped being a panentheist, I just became a Trinitarian panentheist (would have to explain that in a different post). I participate in the church's prayer and rituals and feel at home there, but I also perform my own rituals that I wrote out of a surge of creativity from my spiritual experiences. They don't conflict for me, they are just different domains, the rituals I create are very personal, even though I love the Christian rituals too. Part of these personal rites is artistic and poetic expression for me, and it is very cathartic. I consider it a form of devotion and offering.

I came here because I've had good neo-pagan friends along the way, and even though I don't seem to fit any path I have heard of, I think I might be an Eclectic. I would really like some advice about that so I don't feel alone. Also, I've known some very creative neo-pagans in regard to ritual, and I respect that as I haven't known anyone else that did such things other than neo-pagans. I'm sure it will be fun!

EclecticWheel

Comment

Re: Hello & Intro, Searching for Insight & Advice

Welcome.

Comment

Hey sir, welcome to the forums! You're in good company here with non-standard Christianity! My girlfriend is an eclectic Pagan, and I'm quite the heretical Christian in my own beliefs lol ^_^, this is a fun place to be, and a pretty accepting one.

I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about, and I really hope you like it here!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here.
                          Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Hi

Hi, I'm Julia. I'm 19 (turning 20 in 7 days). I live in Massachusetts and attend college at Westfield State University. I love birds, philosophy, tennis, and art.

Since December, I've been reading up on Pagan and holistic spiritual paths. I'm very drawn to them but I still am very unsure of what and how I want to practice my faith. I was brought up Catholic (non-religiously) and when I was 16 I went through an Evangelical phase that lasted only two years. Now I'm kind of unsure of what I really believe. I'm hoping to develop a path with the help from this forum.

Comment

Hello and welcome to PF!
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard! Don't worry, you'll find a lot of really awesome people here. I know I have lol
                                Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
                                Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X