X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hihi

Thank you all
    I think I have shaken this tonsil plague that seems to be hitting everyone so expect my activity to increase

Comment

Make Way for the N00b

Hey y'all. I hate doing introductions, but anyway, my name is Sage and I'm an pagan witch. Have been for roughly five years. I'm on a couple other forums, but I joined this one because my others are getting really old and boring. Hoping to find some friends and entertainment here.

Comment

Re: Make Way for the N00b

Welcome.

Comment

Re: Hello! ^_^

Hey there Satu! Welcome!

I don't usually do the welcome thing, but I just had to ask, why Satu? I speak Indonesian so all I'm thinking at the moment is '1'. haha
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

hello and help??

Umm i'm not quite sure what to say, but i guess 'hello' is a good place to start.....so hello i'm Aistlin and I've just come into paganism...no that's not quite right i'm sure I've always been pagan i just didn't know about it, when i was younger i was always searching for something, but i had no idea what, i looked into several religions but none seemed quite right they was not 'natural enough' for me, i came across Wicca and then through Wicca paganism though that was just recently iv'e been researching -ALOT but now it seems i'm a tad stuck, initially i was drawn to both Egyptian and Greek gods when trying to find my matron/patron and just learning meditation (clearing my mind was harder then i assumed) however the last time i meditated something AMAZING happened, i got a really clear vision of a forest in my mind and i could hear the bird and leaves rustling, and i felt a breeze, but then i saw HER she was beautiful with pale blemish-less skin and long wavy red hair, and she just oozed power yet it felt subtle (which confuses me no end), she was naked but not in a perverted way more in a pure nature way, she told me she was my goddess before leaving surround by animals mainly birds and an incredibly beautiful deer and stag, now here is where i hope you can help me - i have no idea who she is and where shes from, please?
            blessed be x

Comment

Re: hello and help??

I don't usually jump in to these sorts of things, but I'll do my best. My best guess is Artemis, if any noteworthy Goddess (I say that, because I feel as though I've never encountered anybody so widely documented as God's and Goddesses of The Greeks, etc.)

I say Artemis based of of your meditation details, you say she was naked in a non perverted way, leaves rustling, and birds chirping. Artemis is the Goddess of Wilderness, Fertility, Virginity, and health, and by all accounts she certainly is beautiful.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Welcome.

Best advice, ask her what her name is directly.

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

To answer Heka's question, Satu is a nickname of a nickname: SatBast. SatBast means "Daughter of Bast". Can you tell who my favorite goddess is? Lol.
                  Blog: http://thestarsafire.tumblr.com

Kuchi wa wazawai no moto (the mouth is the origin of disasters)

Comment

Howdy love!

Welcome to the forum!

I also am trapped in a Christian community, so I feel your pain!

Comment

Howdy!

Welcome to the forum love!

I hope somebody here can help!

Comment

greetings from Finland!

Hi there my name is Sheryl and I am a British mum of 3 living in Finland. I am just starting out on my path and I hope to learn so much here. All other river I have seen have focused on witchcraft which is not really my interest at this moment in time. I am feeling rather drawn to the Norse paganism,it just seems to feel right to me but maybe that is because of where I am living and that I don't want to anger anyone, but anyway hi to everyone and hope to learn much from you all XXXXXX
                        http://theheathenstudyclub.proboards.com/

Comment

Re: greetings from Finland!

Hey Sheryl, nice to meet You welcome to PF!!!
                          I'm sure you'll fit right in!

Comment

thank you so much, when researching i came across Artemis a few times, more times then most others, maybe she was pointing me in right direction? but again thank you for your help- it helps a lot

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for your advice, i wish i had done that originally but i will do so next time she blesses me with her presence

- - - Updated - - -

thank you for the warm welcome, and so far i'm getting good sound advice which i shall follow blessed be

Comment

Re: greetings from Finland!

Welcome.

Comment

I'd not suggest Artemis as nudity is not one of her high lights nor ways of greeting in any story or fable about her. The closet I can think of involves the hunter Actaeon being transformed into a deer and torn apart by his dogs for not averting his eyes. So seems highly unlikely she would appear that way. When seen in the nude with her female companions it's always around a bathing scenario and usually a pool or lake of water not a mountain scene. Most times in stories after a hunt and cleaning from the hunt which is how Callisto was discovered to be pregnant and thus has violated Artemis' command.

I would add that Artemis is also associated with the Golden Hinds (Stags) which pull her chariot and seldom, actually none that I can think of, does she show up with a Doe. None that I can think of where she has a Doe and a Stag present or even a bunch of birds as here to she has a specific bird associated with her. IN most writing it appears to be the Gold Finch I find connected to Artemis.

May sound strange but the first impression I got was of Freya or Friga as a Nordic Goddess. The pale skin with red hair more fits the Nordic / Icelandic descriptions than any Hellenic / Roman write up describing a goddess.

But in the end I'd go with just asking her who she is and what she wants you to call her.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X