Re: Greetings from a Heathen!

Welcome, we're glad to have you!

Comment

Hey! Glad to see you!

Comment

Hello and welcome!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Hi there :-) glad to see another heathen on the boards.
          You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

welcome to the forums !
            hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I am awkward and not good with titles.

I honestly have always been ... a bit spiritually challenged, despite efforts to connect. My family is Southern Baptist, but I figured out that wasn't for me shortly after getting a mind of my own. I always wanted to find a religion and philosophy that I agreed with and could relate to, and this seems to be it. I am planning on a self dedication next month. Hope to meet some great friends and mentors.

Comment

Re: I am awkward and not good with titles.

welcome

Comment

Thank you. I look forward to getting to know you. : )

Comment

Welcome aboard!

And by the way, I liked your title!
                    [4:82]

Comment

I thought it was kind of catchy myself.::

Comment

I second Dumuzi on the title, its a good one!

Welcome to the forums Riddle! I hope you like it here, and to see you around. ^_^

Comment

Thank you! Would you mind if I inquired about what led someone of your particular religion to a Pagan forum? Genuinely curious lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Riddle View Post
                            Thank you! Would you mind if I inquired about what led someone of your particular religion to a Pagan forum? Genuinely curious lol.
                            XD Its fine, I get that question quite a lot around here from those who weren't here when I joined.

My girlfriend is a Pagan, and I joined this forum to try to get some help with how to understand and respect her beliefs. She's kind of amazing, and aside from religion, we have most everything in common, and we've wanted to be together for years (long story) so I wasn't about to let a little thing like me worshiping YHWH while she worshiped Apollo and Artemis stop us!

Anyways, I wasn't planning on sticking around here after I got my questions answered... But I found this place so welcoming and friendly I didn't want to go. So I've stuck around .

And don't worry, while I defend my faith when appropriate, I have no interest in trying to convert people here, and I try my best to be respectful.

TL;DR: My girlfriend is an awesome Pagan and the people on this forum are also awesome.

Comment

I see. My husband and I are sort of similar. He is very adamantly against virtually any religion. I was very worried when I decided to tell him I had decided on one about a month ago. He took it better than I expected, though.

Comment

I didn't know how to approach the subject with my husband, lol it was so awkward. He has always known me as an outspoken atheist. I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness (scary times) and have gone through a crazy religious identity crisis. But he took it fairly well and pretends to show interest, haha.

There are so many paths out there that to try and dedicate my life to one would make me feel restricted in my growth.

Comment

Working...
                                X