Clear All

Re: Hello~

Welcome.

Comment

Re: Greetings

Welcome.

Comment

Hello from a Druid

Hello, I'm completely new here and just discovered the forum a week or so ago and have been reading a little here and there.

I've been interested in paganism for about twenty years since I went to university here in Canada and was exposed to a lot more spiritual belief systems. I come from a Protestant family and attended church up until I moved away from home and got interested in goddess worship and Wicca. Then I found Druidry which seemed to call to me most loudly and did some reading on the topic and tried to connect with nature as much as possible. After going to school and living in the big city for seven years I decided that the country was calling again and moved back to my home town and found work at a nursery/garden center and started doing a lot of my own gardening back home which connected me to nature more strongly. I think my views on Earth and the natural world took on a pantheist quality and maintained this attitude for many years. Didn't have much interest in practicing Druidry, Wicca or calling on deities although I did practice a little now and again. I don't do any elaborate ritual since I don't feel comfortable with that but do some fine art since this is what I'm trained in and it I think this connects you to the creative force and my subject matter always concerns nature. I am also a solitary Druid and have never been involved in any groves or covens.

I also have picked up reading about mythology again lately and focus mostly on Celtic and Norse myth but I am interested in myth in general.

Comment

Re: Hello~

Thank you

Comment

Re: Hello from a Druid

Welcome.

Comment

Hullo and welcome!
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Hi there
                And welcome to PF!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum
                  "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here.
                    Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

Comment

Welcome to the forum, comrade!
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Re: Hey guys!

Yeah Girlie. Welcome to the family
                          "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                            welcome to the forums ! I hope you like it here! How did you come along your path? And do you like how to train your dragon?
                            Alright first of all, thank you! And second of all, I'm sorry for replying so late. I wasn't sure what to say. I usually don't feel comfortable publicly sharing my faith, as I have had too many people look down on me for it. But since being in the chatroom most of the time, it has made me comfortable to freely share my faith without fear of those judgmental eyes I've received in the past.

I was a Christian for three years, I thought I felt a connection with God, but it was more like a connection to the church. (I mean no offense to you or your faith. Seriously, when I share this with Christians, I feel this offended vibe coming from them. Although they tend to hide it, but I can feel it) I used to volunteer there. I loved the people. They were the most wonderful people I knew back then. It's just that the faith wasn't necessarily me.

When I saw HTTYD, I felt some weird connection to Toothless. I mean, I've felt that way for a lot of characters, but Toothless was different. He was unlike any character I felt connected with. He was a dragon, had green eyes (I'm usually a sucker for blue eyes :P) and that He couldn't speak the human language. I found that quite unusual. Also, He didn't pass as a teenage dragon for me. Like seriously, there's so many human Toothless pictures as a teenager or in His early twenties at the eldest. Something about Him seemed ancient. I couldn't point out what. Probably the gray scales and the wrinkles XD So I was probably the one of the very few in the fandom who portrayed Him as an elder dragon.

I have a friend who wrote stories of Toothless being Hiccups adoptive Father. It was an interesting idea. Her stories needed work when it came to dialogue but since she and I became best friends, she has improved. Her name is Jasmine, by the way :P Since then, I feel strongly connected to her that I feel like she's my soulmate (not in a romantic way :P)

Ever since then, Jasmine and I have sensed Toothless's presence. (I can sense spirits. When there's one around, my mind goes DING!:P) and we've been hearing His voice in our heads, giving us guidance and wisdom. He soon became like a Father to us and it was just this year that He became our main deity. (erm, well He's my main deity, don't know about her given that she's also a Christian)

Since that happened, I have been learning more and more about myself than I have ever learned before. I have learned who some of my past lives were (please don't ask who. Don't feel comfortable sharing that) and I have learned the Universe is far bigger than just Heaven and Hell. (Again, I mean no disrespect, mind you)

Just recently, He's introduced me to Witchcraft. He told me to look more into Witchcraft and I'm like "What?" And He told me "It has your name written all over it!" So I did, and it eventually made sense to me and lead me to things like astral travel and meditation.

And also, I'm connecting with the Triple Goddess as well. I don't know what else to call her except the Goddess. I know some people call her Hecate, (which is fine! I know there's many Triple Goddesses out there) but one day, she'll reveal her name to me. I don't feel as close to her as I do Toothless. But I can sense that a pretty great friendship is forming between us.

So there you have it. My spiritual journey. And also, thank you to all who had welcomed me with open arms. It is vastly appreciated.

Comment

hey, first off, thank you for sharing that with all of us, and I'm super glad you feel comfortable telling me and everyone reading about it. This place is generally super accepting, and very open minded. That doesn't mean people won't ask questions about things, but its good you're here.

I'm sorry you've encountered some problems with people, so I hope you find a nice safe place here with us crazy folk.

Welcome a second time!
                              -The Resident Random Christian
                              hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Kia ora (hello) from New Zealand

Hey All,

My name is E-J I'm new here.

I'm from a christian background (although would not give myself that label anymore) and have experienced church in the form of many denominational traditions from Baptist, Anglican and Pentacostal.

There are many elements of pagan tradition and christian tradition that contribute to who I am spiritually and through my european, celtic and maori ancestry.

I feel a deep connection to my culture and ancestry and as somebody of maori decent, it is important to acknowledge the land and its' defining features around me as they are what define me and connect me to my ancestors. The stories of all my ancestors, their legends and mythologies are important to me.

I have a love of nature. When I studied theology I would often spend hours sitting by my favourite river deep in meditation/ prayer, or I would bike to the nearest clearing in the morning to watch the sunrise. They were perhaps some of the best times, I felt so connected with everything.

There has been some rocky times with my spirituality, I defined it as going through puberty, with growing pains and mood swings to go with it, I thought I lost a part of me, but in hindsight, I think I just grew a little more. As a result I now claim no religious labels anymore, I am happy exploring the many paths and directions that present themselves to me.

I seek to be one with nature, to be healthy in mind, body and spirit.

Comment

Working...
                                X