X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hi

Hello and welcome!
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Re: hey everyone

Hello and welcome!

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Re: Hi there! ^_^

Thanks for the welcomes everyone! :-)
        And yes... I love the Doctor Who references! I forgot to mention that I am a Whovian, if that wasn't obvious! LOL!
        Nice to meet you, Alice, Ljubezen, Dumuzi, volcaniclastic,and Maria de Luna. ^_^
        My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
          Thanks for the welcomes everyone! :-)
          And yes... I love the Doctor Who references! I forgot to mention that I am a Whovian, if that wasn't obvious! LOL!
          Nice to meet you, Alice, Ljubezen, Dumuzi, volcaniclastic,and Maria de Luna. ^_^
          Yeah we totally noticed, The Doctor has quite a following in many a place.

~Jim Butcher

Comment

It's nice to know that there are is a following here. ^_^
            I've used the username "RiverSong" in a few forums already... and nothing, no notice. And a few comments of, "Oh, your username is pretty. What does it mean?" LOL. So, I'm pleased that someone noticed, finally. XD
            My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Re: hey everyone

Hello, Jade Moon! I'm new to the forums as well, nice to meet you. ^_^
              I love to share and learn from others, so don't hesitate to throw me a private message or two.
              My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
                It's nice to know that there are is a following here. ^_^
                I've used the username "RiverSong" in a few forums already... and nothing, no notice. And a few comments of, "Oh, your username is pretty. What does it mean?" LOL. So, I'm pleased that someone noticed, finally. XD
                It's the only thing I fangirl over. Brad Pitt? Meh. David Tennant? ...yeah, I got his autograph!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  It's the only thing I fangirl over. Brad Pitt? Meh. David Tennant? ...yeah, I got his autograph!
                  Yeah,I never got the whole Brat Pitt thing, but then again I am a Keanu Reeves gal. David Tennant is a hard second. That's very awesome that you got his autograph.
                  My everyday wacky blog

Comment

And it starts.

Or ends, or it might be somewhere in the middle now... I grew up in a Christian environment, church on Sunday, youth group on Thursday. I put on a good act, but I never really felt anything. Once I was old enough to say NO, I did. That was when I was 16. It's been 12 years since I thought about taking up religion seriously. Although the ever present tug at my soul was always there, I became adept at ignoring it.

This passed week I have been getting little tid bits of information from a friend over Facebook, who happens to be Pagan. (goodness there's a lot of distractions right now) One of the suggestions she gave me was to try and find a god or goddes (deity?) that I feel a connection too. So I hit google (maybe that's not what she meant, but that's what I did). It didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. I found my Goddess. Her name is Eris... Goddess of Chaos, and Strife, and Discord, and Contention, and Confusion, and "many things you don't know about!" (that last one was on some random website I can't find again, but I like it) An amazing thing happened the moment I read that name... My life began to make sense. Past moment after past moment began flowing through me in the context of this realization.

Now, before you stop talking to me (before you start talking to me) like my "friend" from Facebook did. (maybe she is just busy, that's not fair). For those of you that don't know who Eris is, like FB Friend didn't... here is the best paraphrased description of her.
                    "Even in ancient times, Eris was seen in two very different aspects. The poet Hesiod describes these two aspects: the hateful and the needed. The hateful aspect is the one which leads to wars, brawling and violent conflict. The needed one is the one which causes people to work harder to be as good as or better than their neighbors, causing all to work to better themselves."

Also, I am -not- a Discordian. After finding Eris, I found Principia Discordia. While I don't object to their mission, I feel neutral spiritually towards them.

... ... I can't think of anything else to say. Oh yea, Hello!
                    Last edited by DashREM; 21 Nov 2012, 17:13. Reason: Was one giant blob of a post... weird.

Comment

Re: And it starts.

Hello and welcome! plenty of awesome stuff here to look at. As I appear to be unfamiliar with the goddess eris, can I ask about her area or time period of origin? and maybe any other tidbits you are willing to share? (sorry I'm a bit of an information hound :P)

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Eris is an Ancient Greek goddess. She is the daughter of Zeus and Hera. She is most famous for the "starting" the Trojan War. The truth is much more amusing though.

Because of Eris' disagreeable nature she was the only goddess not to be invited to the wedding of Peleus and Thetis. When she turned up anyway, she was refused admittance and, in a rage, threw a golden apple amongst the goddesses inscribed "To the fairest." Three goddesses laid claim it, and in their rivalry brought about the events which led to the Trojan War.

Her involvement in starting the war was clearly indirect, and that vanity was the culprit here. Athena, Aphrodite and Hera were the goddesses fighting over the apple. Zeus said a human named Paris should decide. Each goddess bribed him... Hera with Power, Athena with skill in war, and Aphrodite offered him the most beautiful woman in the world. Well, he took the woman... Unfortunately that woman, Helen, was already married to the King of Sparta. Paris kidnapped her and the Trojan War began.

Comment

An Erisian who isn't Discordian? That sounds like a notable path to follow! Welcome aboard, good sir!
                          "A true initiation never ends"-Robert Anton Wilson
                          http://www.hermetic.com/crowley
                          "Reality has become a commodity"-Stephen Colbert 1/29/07
                          http://www.chaosmatrix.org/
                          "Sometimes, when you can't breathe, there are people there to breathe for you" - Aesop Rock
                          http://upholdingmaat.wordpress.com

Comment

Stuff is broken! I think.

I keep seeing code from where people are trying to insert images or fonts or even smileys instead of the things they are putting in. It's -everywhere- on here. Is it just me, or is something broken with the forum?

Comment

Re: Stuff is broken! I think.

Its probably from older posts when we migrated the forum to vBulletin from its prior software. If you are looking a the most recent posts, you shouldn't see it. You can change your view of the posts to the more recent ones first, and back in time, and then you'd never notice it unless you read the whole thread all the way from the start. I think the only reason you are really noticing it is because a bunch of old threads (in terms of when they were started), some of which are more long-running than others, have been resurrected lately.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Re: Stuff is broken! I think.

Ah, okay. Thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X