This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey all! Re-Intro on my part

I keep displays of high emotion tightly rationed so that I get extra shock value when I use them. They become white noise otherwise. Need to check with my PR department to see when how many they're allowing for this year.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Woot! Welcome back.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

Yay Dez~!!! So happy to see you again.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
          Is being removed from the books like a Protestant shunning where people pretend you don't exist?

I didn't show up until recently so it seems odd to welcome am old timer like you, but, uh, welcome!
          No worries! Welcome yourself!

Sort of...Not everyone gets their name removed, but it keeps the LDS Church from tracking you (or your children) down as easily and pressuring you to return. Also using you to artificially inflate statistics...Last but not least, if you resign, they can not excommunicate you for sins. That doesn't mean a whole lot to me, but it would be a shame on my practicing family's heads. I'd rather save them that, even if they no longer speak with me because of it.

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          Dez? Dez?!

DEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*flings net over wayward member before she can attempt to disappear without a license again*

Welcome back. No, further departure permits will not be provided.:devil:
          Eeek!

I'll behave, I'll behave! Stamp my passport back in?

**BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!!!!**
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Re: Greetings from the North ~

Welcome!
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

*Stamps passport

"Travel Rights Suspended"

and hands it to nearest zombie for safekeeping.*
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hello, you left very shortly after I got here, nice to meet you!
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!
                  Greetings from a fellow Scandinavian
                  ~ flowers are our only garments
                  only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Re: Hello, people!

Hello and welcome!

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

And from a fellow norwegian! (and new member)
                      Velkommen til forumet
                      "The idea is to be whispering, and not to gain the attention from the flock, but to get attention from the individuals. That's why I relate it to whispering. It's not something you can put on a big scale; you can't get sheep to attend to it. You need to have people who can stand for themselves. It is important to have a lot of space for yourself to be able to grow strong branches, which can stand in the most extreme surroundings."

Gaahl

Comment

Hello and welcome! I hope you stick around and find a place within the community!

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Re: Hello, people!

Thanks, everyone!

Ljubezen: Well, as Wardruna is the main spark of my faith, my point of view may be a bit biased ^^. But definitely worth checking out; the music is done almost exclusively with old-fashioned instruments like horns, viols and such, and some of the songs were recorded in the woods (so the birds and flowing water are real and not samples). The basic idea is to explore the deep meaning of a rune for each song. There are a few live videos on their website; I find "Kaun" - the Torch - to be particularly striking, especially Gaahl's performance which is incredibly intense. Incidentally, Gaahl is an immensely interesting guy whose mysticism and musical work has also been a great inspiratipon for me in the past two years.
                          "The idea is to be whispering, and not to gain the attention from the flock, but to get attention from the individuals. That's why I relate it to whispering. It's not something you can put on a big scale; you can't get sheep to attend to it. You need to have people who can stand for themselves. It is important to have a lot of space for yourself to be able to grow strong branches, which can stand in the most extreme surroundings."

Gaahl

Comment

Originally posted by Kviskrar View Post
                            And from a fellow norwegian! (and new member)
                            Velkommen til forumet
                            Wow.. we've got a lot of new Norwegians here, what happened guys? You all suddently went Pagan?
                            ~ flowers are our only garments
                            only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Re: Hello

Welcome Kathynfr! I'm new as well:

I'm Brian (njsquarebear). Gay man in Metro-NYC. While I 'experimented' with paganism back in my 20's... it is now at age 55 that I am embracing Pagan-Wiccan teachings and the God(dess), as well being as best a follower of Jesus that I can be. I don't really like the word 'Christian' because Christianity has done more harm than good over the past 2000+ years to Pagans, Muslims, Native Americans, etc. That said, ChristoPagan more easily describes in a nutshell how I identify within the pagan community and with other progressive Christians. I am active in a United Church of Christ congregation for 12 years, but my religious views are probably closer to that of Unitarian-Universalist (embracing all positive spiritualities and world religions which are life-sustaining). At present I am interested in all things Celtic... and looking into Druidism to be a primary path. I also am very interested in the positive properties of minerals and herbs. I am interested in making friends here and in person in the metro-NYC area... both hetero and LGBT.
                              peace,
                              Brian (njsquarebear)

Comment

Re: Hello All!

Welcome Jasmine! I'm new as well:

I'm Brian (njsquarebear). Gay man in Metro-NYC. While I 'experimented' with paganism back in my 20's... it is now at age 55 that I am embracing Pagan-Wiccan teachings and the God(dess), as well being as best a follower of Jesus that I can be. I don't really like the word 'Christian' because Christianity has done more harm than good over the past 2000+ years to Pagans, Muslims, Native Americans, etc. That said, ChristoPagan more easily describes in a nutshell how I identify within the pagan community and with other progressive Christians. I am active in a United Church of Christ congregation for 12 years, but my religious views are probably closer to that of Unitarian-Universalist (embracing all positive spiritualities and world religions which are life-sustaining). At present I am interested in all things Celtic... and looking into Druidism to be a primary path. I also am very interested in the positive properties of minerals and herbs. I am interested in making friends here and in person in the metro-NYC area... both hetero and LGBT.
                                peace,
                                Brian (njsquarebear)

Comment

Working...
                                X