Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm new to this site, and to Paganism.

Welcome I'm pretty new to paganism as well.
    I hope you enjoy the forums

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcomes, I think I'll like this forum just fine
      What one believes in is infinitely more important than WHO they believe in.

Comment

Welcome aboard.

I'm not the best at giving advice, but I will tell you that you don't need a group or an occult store nearby. If you're attracted to group worship that's fine, but don't let that stop you from exploring on your own until you find a suitable group. Supplies can be found pretty much anywhere. If you're nature-based you can find many things right outside. You can find many useful herbs at grocery stores; health food stores may carry a wide variety of herbs and essential oils. Flea markets and thrift stores are treasure troves. And there is always online occult shops.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Re: curious newcomer

Welcome aboard, Jade

Comment

Hello Everyone!

Hello!
            I am a 26 year old female, USA. I enjoy reading, learning, herbalism & gardening, playing mmorpgs and spending time with my partner and our dog & cat. Cancer - Sun. Scorpio - Rising. Life Path 33.

When I was around 8-10 years old, my grandmother began teaching us (me, my sister and our 2 female cousins) about intuition and psychic abilities. She also taught us a little bit of Candle Magic, how to make Dream Pillows, Wish Bags and other little things like that. We started to branch out and learning on our own and started doing our own spells, when my mother decided that we would learn no more and banned any talk, books and movies on Witches or Witchcraft.

When I was 13 to 14 years old, I started going to a Christian/Pentecostal church where I was told that it was "Evil" what I had been doing and was made to feel ashamed and fearful.

Then when I was around 16, my best friend started teaching me a little about Wicca & Pagan beliefs, Astrology, Numerology, Meditation, Crystals, Chakras, Divination... all that fun stuff that I still work with today. I've considered myself a Spiritualist (not really knowing what to call myself haha) since then as I've always felt a deep love and connection to Nature and Energy but I've always felt a strong pull to Paganism, Wicca and Witchcraft and always find myself learning about it here and there. Oh and I also feel a strong pull to the Moon and to faeries.

So thats what brought me here! I've been occasionally learning through YouTube for the past few months and just found this forum today and plan to get some books soon. I am really looking forward to not only meeting others here but also to learn about all the different paths and expand my own Knowledge and my Spiritual/Religious beliefs and practices.

Looking forward to meeting you all! :meow: Hopefully this is an okay introduction, I get so nervous about these things hehe.
            ♥ River

- - - Updated - - -

By spiritualist I meant Spirituality, not spiritualism - but I do believe in that too hehe.

Comment

Welcome Something I've always thought strange is my mother's maiden name. It's Faries, but pronounced Farris. Her father's parents are both Irish, too! :P Isn't that neat? hahaha. I'm new to Paganism, as well. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Comment

Re: Hello Everyone!

Welcome, Miss

Comment

Welcome to pagan forum.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Glad to be here!

Wanted to say hello! Looking forward to meeting as many members as possible!

Comment

Re: Glad to be here!

Welcome to you and your snake!

Comment

THANK u....The snake is Ra...

Comment

Welcome to PF.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Hello and thank you.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X