Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are wrong, was it still worth it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you are wrong, was it still worth it?

Originally posted by AuroraWinters View Post
    I remember shortly before looking for a new set of beliefs, the catalyst was finding out that so many religions (including my family's) condemned homosexuals. Which would mean condemning some of my best friends. I cried over this revelation for awhile and then finally said "if I'm going to be condemned for not hating homosexuality, then I'll happily burn in hell."

I think I still follow that mindset. I try my best not to harm, hate, or needlessly judge people. I live my life as best as I can, even though I don't truly believe there is any sort of reward/punishment after death. It's what has always felt right to me, and I honestly believe that everyone has a natural inclination not to hate anyone else for petty things like different lifestyles/beliefs until they are taught to do so. If I end up being wrong about that, and it is actually right to hate on others who are doing no harm and make their lives miserable by telling them they'll burn in hell if they don't change their actions or thoughts, then that's not a god I'd ever want to follow or worship anyway. I would happily take any sort of punishment when my crime was simply trying to be a decent human being to all those around me.
    Very well Stated... I Have Close friends who are Gay, and my Mother in law is Gay also, and I love them very much, and I Totally agree with your statement.

Comment

Re: If you are wrong, was it still worth it?

My answer would be yes. I would class myself as a spiritual person. I believe in the universal law of Do as you will harm none. I believe people should be allowed to practice what they believe as long as long as their beliefs don't harm anybody. I think life, regardless of its ups and downs and what comes next is intriguing. There is always something to see, do and learn. I have seen far too much prejudice, even among folk who class themselves as spiritual. How can you judge a person by their beliefs when nobody can know for sure if their own beliefs are wrong or right. They are merely different. We all very literally live in our own little worlds governed by our own rules. What is right and true for one will not always be right or true for another but that doesn't make their standpoint more or less valid. Nobody should have to feel superior or inferior because to me there is no higher or lower in spirit. In spirit their is no colour, and all those superficial things that people spend so much time criticising each other about such as appearance, race, etc they are defunct as well. So why do people spend so much time in their lives picking each other apart. Why do people spend so much time looking at other peoples lives when surely our aim for being here and our goal is to tend to our own and help others only when asked. I can't envisage a loving creator, creating things that weren't meant to exist. That is a human preconception. Nobody can ever fully understand the Divine. We can only understand the part we think we play in it. So in a roundabout way I'm answering that question. Yes it would be worth it. I have learnt so much and experienced so much good and bad, but all of it made me who I am, makes me stronger and better. More wise, more understanding and compassionate. The ultimate goal of any spiritual person should be to make a heaven on earth, so if we are wrong it doesnt matter either way. At least then we would die knowing we had done the best we could and if it all turned out to be wrong, we lived how we thought we should anyway

Comment

Working...
      X