Needed: A spell to influence sobriety.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needed: A spell to influence sobriety.

My aunt is an alcoholic and was sober for about five years, but she recently fell off the wagon, and her daughter calls me every night crying because she can't handle her mother anymore. Her anger has gotten so bad that she throws things around and holds my cousin down to yell at her when she hasn't done anything to provoke her. We are currently going through with a plan to get other family members to side with us with hopes of an intervention, but my aunt is very good at turning things around to look like it's her daughter with the problem, so I want to cast a spell or two that may influence her to get sober. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Re: Needed: A spell to influence sobriety.

Take away her alcohol?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      Take away her alcohol?
      That's a little difficult to do since she lives several states away and can go out and buy more whenever she wants.

Comment

hmmm...most spells that I've seen/heard dealing with addictions have to do with one's self...and I don't think would be applicable for this...

You could consider a binding spell...perhaps some sort of freezer spell. Maybe though, focus on some sort of protection for your cousin as well...

...but something like a crisis hotline for your cousin might be helpful for her coping abilities
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          hmmm...most spells that I've seen/heard dealing with addictions have to do with one's self...and I don't think would be applicable for this...

You could consider a binding spell...perhaps some sort of freezer spell. Maybe though, focus on some sort of protection for your cousin as well...

...but something like a crisis hotline for your cousin might be helpful for her coping abilities
          I will most definitely do a protection spell for her, that sounds like a really good idea. The hotline does as well, and I will look into a binding or freezing spell. Thank you. <3

Comment

I think a general blessing would be the best thing. A very gentle binding of sorts might help but if you try to force her to put down the sauce you'll more than likely cause her to become more violent. Interventions don't work because people who won't help themselves can't be helped. Unless she truly wants to cut down or stop her drinking she's not going to take too kindly to being forced to do so.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
              A very gentle binding of sorts might help but if you try to force her to put down the sauce you'll more than likely cause her to become more violent.
              I was thinking something more along the lines of not being violent than not drinking (but it was dinner time---never post distracted!), and maybe something to encourage her to "see the error of her ways"...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                I was thinking something more along the lines of not being violent than not drinking (but it was dinner time---never post distracted!), and maybe something to encourage her to "see the error of her ways"...
                Fair point. I just wonder if a binding of any kind would be wise here considering she's already throwing things and holding down her daughter and yelling in her face. It's kinda like cornering a lion and poking it with a stick.

Showing her the distress she's causing her family, I think, would be safer and more productive.
                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                -Erik Erikson

Comment

I agree with the protection spell idea. Also, your cousin may want to contact SRS and /or, depending on her age, CPS.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

I see you're new here as well as me, glad to meet you.

There are ethical concerns with magic on people who are addicts, especially with alcohol. Alcohol is the only drug that can kill you from withdrawal, so while you may wish for her to quit drinking, this may not be the best thing for her body to go "cold turkey". Also, drugs affect the nadis in our body, which are like the veins and arteries that carry psychic energy. They affect the shape and function of the brain as well. This happens over time, and so the healing must occur over time.

It is very difficult to reach a person who is an addict. I dated a recovering opiate addict and his addiction literally behaved like a demon, swatting away any healing current I sent. Are you familiar with the Greek gods Apollon and Asklepios? Both are healers, Asklepios being seen more as a physician than his father Apollon. You may wish to make offerings to them such as bay leaves or frankincense. Wine is also a very appropriate offering to any Greek God/dess, just water it down a wee pinch.

While doing this you may also wish to wear an Amethyst stone necklace/ring or hold a stone in your hand. Amethyst is sometimes mistaken as a stone that prevents hangovers or getting drunk, but it actually promotes a grip on reality. I called this a "Socratic High" due to Socrates' ability to drink all night but never get drunk like the other Athenians.

If you have a tarot deck handy then meditate on the 9 of Swords and The Tower paired with Death. If those cards are too grim, then you may wish to use The Star and Strength. The 9 of Swords represents waking up from our fears, to break through the paralyzing bind they cause us. The Tower is the destruction of old habits, normally from a divine source (hence appealing to the healing gods) and Death is about pruning old habits that no longer benefit us. That is strong magic that will require focus during the working. Using the Star and Strength is more gentle, the Star guides us through the darkness and leads to spiritual enervation, tied with the Strength card to give us what we need to advance forward through our fears.

Also you may wish to seek the aid of Dionysus, though I find his particular brand of magic to normally increase outward on its own accord. If you pour offerings of wine to him and offer grapes or phallic-related items make sure to include "I pray for the healing needed for the highest good of this person" to keep his magic on task.

Best wishes, you are courageous and honorable for wanting to heal someone. Do not forget that courage.
                    ADF Dedicant of .

"Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keep friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment." -Greenville Kleiser

Comment

Working...
                    X