Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the topic of Air

Hello All,

I have a question regarding Air elementals and how I can better interpret what it means when they enter my life. When the Undine came to me in dreams, they spoke of healing and emotions, and I began Reiki training to help with some old emotional issues I had kept swept under the rug. But now that the Sylphs have shown themselves more and more recently I'm at a loss of where to begin?

I'm an Air sign, Aquarius. So this may be an issue of learning something about myself. I just don't know how to begin learning what it is they may have to say? Help is greatly appreciated.
    ADF Dedicant of .

"Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keep friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment." -Greenville Kleiser

Re: On the topic of Air

Your basic underlying question is: what do Sylph's represent?
    To which I say, do some research into the Fae. I would suggest looking into getting a copy of the book A Witch's Guide to the Faery; forget the author's name off-hand, but if they're making time to enter your life it's probably a safe bet that it won't be the last time and it would be wise to have a reference on hand. I picked up a copy for $8 from a used bookstore, so don't feel like you need to spend a fortune.

Also, how exactly do you know they're Sylph's?

Comment

Thank you for the recommendation, I will check some local bookshops as well as online.

I'm not 100% sure they're Sylphs, but judging by the flighty energy I get from them I assumed they were. I felt the presence of someone winged, and quick enough to stay close to me but fast enough to feel secure getting so close. Now that I spell it out like that, yes, it's also more likely that there is Faery activity. Especially since I just bought an Apple wood wand from my friend!

Again, thank you for the insight.
      ADF Dedicant of .

"Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keep friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment." -Greenville Kleiser

Comment

Air generally has to do with intelligence/knowledge. Not necessarily heightened education and research lab kind of knowledge, but a better understanding of particular situations and how to deal with them. It's really hard to say more without knowing what's going on in your life, but look for any blockages that have to do with dealing with something rationally/logically; or situations that are going on that might work out better if you took a logical perspective to see what's really going on.

Sylphs originate in Greece and Egypt and can be called on using ceremonial magic (though they only come if they wish to). Sylph's don't really have "flighty" energy, it's more like floaty. As in, many people think that their wings are actually human projections rather than actual wings, as they appear so light as to avoid gravity and they really have no use for their wings (if they have any at all). They are thought to be regularly involved in ceremonial rituals (they are thought to be present when calling upon the four directions).

Another winged, flighty species of the Kindly Ones are Pixies.

Comment

Working...
        X